Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby steveparkes » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 am
I went out today to oxford street and quite by accident went down shaftsbury avenue..there was a really big Forbidden Planet..they had lots of starwars things that caught my attention and so I went inside to have a look.

And BOY was I glad I did..I spotted that they were selling the Kubrick smurfs..they had 4 in, so I bought 2 and will be going back for the other ones later in the week.

I wasn't going to collect these, but the joy of seeing them and the fact that smurfs were on sale..I couldn't resist. I got the King Smurf and the Schlips one..a bargain at £5.99 each..I've decided to keep them in the packaging..but really want to get them out :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Gerda » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:11 am
What you do is get doubles and then you can take one out and leave one in the package!! Then you don't have to be tempted to open the only one you have! :-D :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:16 am
Ah yes the old dilemma.....to open or not to open....that is always the question.

They sound cool Steve......if I saw them in a shop then I would probably do the same as well......not bad postage expenses either....LOL

Dyar

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:20 am
Oo Steve can you get me some? :) :)

Pleeeeeeazzze

I had a delivery today, a sample order of the plush that I mentioned before, there are some huuuuugggggeeeeee (that says huge) smurfs in there!!!

Postby steveparkes » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:38 pm
Okay Karen, no problems..sent you a PM :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby steveparkes » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:11 pm
went back to Forbidden Planet today and bought their complete stock of smurf kubricks..one set to open and one to keep (minus the prisoner as they didn't have any of them)..also got some for Karen...the guy almost looked at me like I was mad..taking their complete stock to the till :)

The funniest thing though is that whilst I was on Oxford Street I walked out of HMV and the security stickers on the smurf packaging set off the alarms..and the security guard swooped on me and took out the smurfs in the shop..talk about embarrassed :) :)

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:27 pm
HA HA, you were smurfed weren't you Steve?

What is it about smurfs raising suspicions? David got stopped coming over on the ferry, I bet if he had his dragon outfit on he would have got straight through. I told you they think we are weird!!!

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Great smurfing Steve. :D

I know what you mean about not wanting to collect them but I am sure I would have also ended up buying them if I found them in person. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login