Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 2 of 5

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 am
Knowing you Moey, you haven't taken this decision lightly and have probably been in agonies. :hug: I don't think anybody else can judge until they've been in your position. I'm sure that Mogli will be fine with it once he adjusts. :hug:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:10 pm
Mogli is still Mogli....:relieved:

I got him this cube to make up for the surgery and he claimed it as soon as he saw it....before checking out what my mother put on the chair to take home with her :) :) :)

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pickle Smurf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:26 pm
Aww he looks really happy, at the end of the day you are his mum really and mums know their babies better than anyone, so I think you did right to go with your instincts.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:54 am
Just a quick update...Mogli is as spunky as before the surgery. He tries to chase my fingers while I am working, and chases imaginative toys or bugs.

He can also get everywhere with no problem and even climbs up the recliners or jumps up and down any higher elevation.

The only thing he didn't like was when I took him out on the backporch on Monday to get a taste of the snow outside...he hid and was back inside before I could say "HEY" :cheers:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby PVCBlue » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:09 am
Well...I know this has been a very controversial decision, and I hope nobody will think worse of me..but Mogli spent the night at the vet after going in for surgery yesterday morning.

It was a hard decision but he pretty much left me with no other choice in the end. Please believe me when I say that I thought long and hard about it, but like somebody e-mailed me yesterday, it isn't good for Mogli either when I tell him "No" constantly and shout at him. It also wasn't good for him to get stuck with his claws in the carpet (I had to help him to get them out of there). Declawing would never have even entered my mind with any other cat..but Mogli...well....he is in a cat class of his own, I guess.

I promise to baby him even more than I normally do when he comes back home today
Hey Moey, if you don't mind which de-claw surgery did you choose?
I am glad he is back to his old self, my parents just had their kitten nuetered and now he is a "it" but they are not sure if they want to declaw him.

:-?
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:31 am
So pleased to hear the devil is back... I mean that Mogli is his usual self! :) :) :hug:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:06 am
Awwwww great to hear that Mogli is doing great. :hug: :yay: I'm sure he appreciated that you treated him well. :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 am
The only thing he didn't like was when I took him out on the backporch on Monday to get a taste of the snow outside...he hid and was back inside before I could say "HEY" :cheers:
:lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol3:
I have yet to test try these two devils in the snow, but Smokey was funny, he was very currious about it, but he was unsure how to walk properly. Every time one of his paws would sink in the snow, he would lift it and check that he still had it. :sofunny:

Anyway, I'm happy that Mogly's still Mogly and that he doesn't seem that much affected by the loss of his claws. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby André » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 am
Maureen,

Is Mogli OK?

Any difference in his behavior?

/André

Postby André » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:39 am
Sorry,

There was a page 2.

He seems happy.

We have 4 cats but they are outdoors most of the time catching mice and unfortunatly birds aswell.

/André

Postby André » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 am
Maureen,

Every once a year from 2003-2007 one of our cats have had kittens.

But 2007 we decided to keep one female kittens, the one on the picture ( Her name is Trollet( approx. translated The Goblin)), and sterilized her mother.

Then 2008 we hoped that Trollet would get kittens instead. But nothing happened. She didn´t seem interested in the male cats in the neighborhood.

We really hope that she will get kittens this spring instead.

I don´t know if it is common that cats can´t get kittens. Maybe we will go to the vet and check her if nothing happens.

I realy love the 2 different colours on her face. Even the nose is black and orange.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:32 pm
Hey Moey, if you don't mind which de-claw surgery did you choose?
I am glad he is back to his old self, my parents just had their kitten nuetered and now he is a "it" but they are not sure if they want to declaw him.

:-?
I am not sure what the vet did, but I think he "only" pulled them out and didn't amputate anything. Mogli was able to walk with no problems as soon as he was home (he stayed with the vet for 24 hours) and also to jump on the furniture right away. We did have a rough weekend once the pain medication wore off though. The thought of declawing never entered my mind with my other cat (Paulchen) so I am not sure if I would do it again, but I really had no choice with Mogli in the end and I am just relieved that it didn't alter or hurt him apparently at all :cheers:

Andre,
Trollet is beautiful :smitten: No wonder you are hoping for kittens. I hope she will find the "right" cat very soon :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:13 pm
Trollet is simply gorgeous! :smitten: Fancy calling her "goblin"! :shock: :)

Postby bwalters » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm
Hi Moey; Glad to hear that Mogli is doing fine. And Andre' What a beautiful cat.
Mr Bill

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:31 am
Trollet är söd. :smitten:

Postby André » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:02 am
Hi Hilary,

I am not sure if Goblin is the right translation.

In Sweden a Troll is a creature who lives in the dark woods and have a lot of hair, both on the head and on tail. I don´t know if you have reed the book "The hobbitt" by Tolkien. The story about Bilbo before "The lord of the rings"-triology. In the story he meets 3 creatures who are going to eat him. When they have a long discussion about this the sun rises and they all turns to stone. Because these creatures can´t stand daylight. Is that a goblin or does it have another name? :?

Anyway in Sweden this word now is used more as a kind word to small children or to someone you like, almost like darling, I guess? :)
And when she had that much hair as a kitten it suited her perfect.

/André

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:21 am
That's one beautiful cat you have there André.
Never seen one before like that.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:23 am
Glad all is okay with Mogli, Smurfysmurf.
Eventually he'll get use to not having his claws.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:28 am
Hi Andre. I suppose a more accurate translation would be "troll", which is exactly what you describe. Thanks for explaining that it's a term of endearment. That makes much more sense! :) :)

Postby André » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:30 pm
Hi,

Trollet has been missing for almost 3 days now. We have a fox around here that comes to the houses when it is cold and snow. I guess he is trying to find food. This morning I saw the fox on the street and later when I went to see the place were he was I found a lot of blood and inside parts from a bigger animal just like a rabbitt or cat in size. I tried to follow the tracks but I found nothing just blood on some places.

I think that maybe the fox has taken Trollet. :(

Let´s hope she shows up soon, but when it is this cold and snowy I don´t think we will see her again. And with this big fox in the area.

/André
Page 2 of 5

Login