Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:06 am
I was home today when some man came to the door, he was from this company called Cool & Cosy. (they deal with insulation and stuff)

Anyway he wanted to know if i wanted a quote on how my pink batts where going in my roof....you know the foamy stuff that keeps it warm in winter and cool in summer :D

While we were chatting about that he asked if he could have a drink of water as it was really hot today and he had been walking up and down the steet door to door.

So I invited him in to get his water when he noticed my smurf cabinets. :oops:

I was waiting for the same old reaction :gaga: but no .... he thought they were cool :shock:

I couldn't believe it, he completely understood and wanted to talk about them :-D

So we chatted for a while :) :)

Kristy's sitting there the whole time listening when he asks her if she knows the names of all of them.
Kristy told him she did and looked at him like what a stupid thing to ask her :roll: sort of like "hello, I'd even know all the numbers for them in the catalogue as well :)

Anyway once he finished raving on he went.
I felt so good that someone loved my smurfs and wanted to hear about them.
It wasn't till later that it dawned on me he probably thought i was a loser and just listened and sounded interested to get some business out of me for his company :-D

Oh well :???:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby steveparkes » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:11 am
:) poor Rae..I'd have been the same though..I could actually put people to sleep when they ask about my smurfs :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:32 am
LOL, Rae.

I invited these little old lady mormons in once cos it was freezing cold and I felt sorry for them. Now they come to visit every other month :eek: :shock: They thought my smurfs were ok but its funny how every conversation turns to God with them.

eg:

Morman Lady 1: Oh you collect smurfs. Aren't they cute?
Morman Lady 2: Oh they are aren't they?
Me: yeah
Morman Lady 1: Who created them?
Me: Peyo
Morman Lady 2: Did you know God created you?
Me: (huh????weren't we talking about smurfs here??) Ummm yeah I guess so (where's the nearest exit...oh its my house :? )
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby smurf007 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am
thats not always...true.......maybe it wasnt...his company he was intrested in???? :D

It could have been you :-D

no no not the lottery winner!!!

smurf007 :cool:

i hope that cheered you up a bit!!! :-?

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:17 am
I don't know Rae....he might of been quite interested in them and wanted to chat. I guess you would know more than anyone from how he reacted.

Dyar

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:52 pm
:) poor Rae..I'd have been the same though..I could actually put people to sleep when they ask about my smurfs :)
I bet Simon is worse than you Steve. He goes on so much he could put someone in a Coma :) Only Joking.
Rae, im sure that he was really genuinely interested. How can he not have been. Smurfs are so cute !
Linda, becareful with the Mormons. They may kidnap and convert you :shock: Lucie

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:54 pm
Cool story Rae!!!

Me I would have been woried he or she wanted my Smurfs and I would have just burnt the thing on the spot...

"No smurfs here... moving on..."
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:02 pm
It was lovely reading your story Rae. :)

I wonder if he is at home right now searching Ebay for his new hobby? :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:55 pm
Did you do a head count after he left? Maybe he stuffed a few Smurfs in his pockets :mine: ...maybe he was just using the insulation as a decoy to get to the Smurfs!!!

Hey...thats not a bad idea!!! :)

ChunkMasterMC :music:
aka Renee
Postby toydreamer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:58 pm
Anyway once he finished raving on he went.
I felt so good that someone loved my smurfs and wanted to hear about them. It wasn't till later that it dawned on me he probably thought i was a loser and just listened and sounded interested to get some business out of me for his company :-D

Oh well :???:
Hey,

Thanks for the story. Really nice to read. :) And it's good to see that some people know the names of all the smurfs... i'm not sure I do. :eek:

I think your smurfs are pretty cool, as do most people around here. He may have been just looking for an IN to get business out of you, but by every chance he probably really liked them. Most people love smurfs! There's just something about them.

Cheers
Smurfs, smurfs & more smurfs at Toy Dreamer: www.toydreamer.com.au :eek:

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:41 am
Did you do a head count after he left?

ChunkMasterMC :music:
aka Renee
Well I kept a very close eye on him :-| Made sure he didn't open the doors of the cabinets.

He asked me how much they cost and I said they were cheap :)
I didn't want him coming back and robbing me :yikes:

Check out my smurfy site

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:51 am
Great story Rae, I always find that the smurfies are a good raeson for a chat about them whenever they see them at the door........ :) And of course the obvious questions come out as how much are they, where do you get them and blah blah blah.... but it's fun to see people's reactions good or bad....... :-D :) :)

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:19 pm
Great story Rae....I just have to believe he was sincere :D ..He probably remembered them and was amazed how many different smurfs are out there now and how many variations....I really believe a lot of people are amazed when they find this out :shock:

Of course I personally haven't met any of them yet, but I just GOTTA believe they are out there :cheers:

I am glad you found one of them, Rae :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby toydreamer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:03 pm
I really like the story.

My door to door - and i get a few of them - generally go like this:

Someone rang the doorbell and I went to the door. Didn't open the security screen and kind of grunted some sort of sound - could have been taken as a greeting, though was probably closer to the growl of a hyena warning a buzzard to stay away from the dead aninmal he was feasting upon.

The person at the door smiled warmly and was halfway through their opening sentence when my door began to close and I uttered a big "No thanks".

:cool:

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:36 pm

The person at the door smiled warmly and was halfway through their opening sentence when my door began to close and I uttered a big "No thanks".

:cool:
Andrew, i wish I had the balls to do it....I'm too nice :)
When i told Kirk this guy is coming back next week to inspect the roof he said I should have said that I wasn't interested and end it there.
So I think I'll go out next week when this guy is due and leave Kirk at home and see how well he deals with it :lol: :lol:

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:32 am
LOL good plan, Rae. Better give him the DSK though so he can talk smurfs :D
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby toydreamer » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:38 pm
Good luck, Rae.

Just say "No thank you" to the punters and it usually works. You'll have to say it 2-3 times, but they generally get the point. :)

Actually, if you ask someone to leave your property 3 times they are then trespassing! Don't know what happens then. :eek:
Page 1 of 1

Login