Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurf addict » Sun May 07, 2006 5:51 pm
Hello all

after many drooling sessions over many many smurf collector's pages off this board (sorry about the mess :P). I've decided to start my own page.

here's the link for it.

http://www.geocities.com/smurfaddict/

I haven't started as yet but i'll attempt to get a wriggle on over the next weekend

thanks
heather

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 07, 2006 7:44 pm
Hi Heather

Good luck with the website....it will be nice to see what you have in your collection too including your raw Fafnir.....very nice......and I'm guessing I still very much can't have it?

Look forward to seeing it develop over time

Dyar

Postby smurf addict » Sun May 07, 2006 8:32 pm
I would like to put links to people's smurf pages but I don't want to do that without getting permission from people. so if you are willing to let me put a link to your page please let me know.

dyar - at least you'll be able to see him on screen now :P i'd love to give him to you but he's so cute i just can't do it. thanks for the encouragement

seeya
heather

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun May 07, 2006 11:03 pm
Before you start Heather you might want to think about the name of your website as I am pretty sure IMPS has been tracking down websites that use the word "smurf" in them and getting them shut down because of copyright laws.

I'm sure we've discussed it before somewhere on the forum and I vaguely remember reading something about it on Rachel's Blue Imps site which formerly used to be called Smurf Village??? (geez I hope I am remembering this all correctly! I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm not)

It'd be a shame to do all that hard work though and then have to redo it with another site name thats all.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your website and the raw Fafnir sounds great!! :D :D
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby hfos » Mon May 08, 2006 1:28 am
Before you start Heather you might want to think about the name of your website as I am pretty sure IMPS has been tracking down websites that use the word "smurf" in them and getting them shut down because of copyright laws.
I thought this only goes for TLD's?

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon May 08, 2006 2:56 am
Whats TLDs??? Companies??

I thought I'd mention it so we could clear it up about it. Rachel's site was a collector's only one as far as I know and she was asked to change the name. Does anyone know for sure the regulations??
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 3:44 am
Is TLD Top Level Domain?

I think what Robin means is that it is ok as along as the word smurf isn't between the www. and the .com or whatever extension it is. The ones on geocities are I think subdomains so it is ok to use the word smurf. Correct me if I am wrong anyone! It's good that you mentioned it though Linda because it is always worth checking out. :cheers:

Postby hfos » Mon May 08, 2006 6:02 am
Yeah, that's what I meant, and while on that subject, I noticed that IMPS did try to register www.smurf.eu, but their application seems to have expired. www.smurfs.eu was registered by someone else, namely Xedoc Holding SA. I'm pretty sure IMPS could give them a hard time if they wanted...

In any case, I myself use smurfs.hfos.net, so it's not a top level domain but a subdomain, with which I can do what I want :D

Postby Gerda » Mon May 08, 2006 2:13 pm
Good luck with your web page Heather! can't wait to see what you come up with. Anyone who builds a web page has my respect as I don't think I could manage it..

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon May 08, 2006 8:35 pm
You would have a very interesting website Gerda...especially with all of your weird and wonderful items that you have collected.....it would be really cool although I still have the CD of your pics so I can still see many of the great items you have.

Good luck Heather :cheers:

Dyar

Postby smurf addict » Mon May 15, 2006 4:25 pm
anyone willing to let me put links up on my webpage for their pages?

seeya
heather

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon May 15, 2006 7:26 pm
You can add me Heather :D

I have a banner you can use on my links page.
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby hfos » Tue May 16, 2006 2:03 am
I haven't got an official banner yet, I might make one soon..!

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue May 16, 2006 4:14 am
You can add my site too Heather....Rach made me a banner although I am not too cluey when it comes to stuff like this......although I do know a lot about Coco Pops for some reason so I guess we can't know about everything that's useful.

Dyar

Postby Jocelyn » Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 am
Yes good luck with your web site because it's really much of work.
I am impatient to see the result and if you have need for councils does not hesitate bus me also I remake my Web site :)

Jocelyn

Postby Rachel » Tue May 16, 2006 3:41 pm
Hi Heather, goodluck with the site. :D

Please feel free to add Blue Imps to your links page, I have banners available HERE

I will of course add your new site to Blue Imps when I am next updating. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Yonna » Wed May 17, 2006 2:15 am
I can't wait for you to open you site! Good luck with it!

You can add my site too if you want to. My banner is also made by Rachel... :D
Go ahead! Smurf my day!
Page 1 of 1

Login