Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:40 pm
Has anyone seen the animated movie Madagascar? I haven't seen it but I bought it on DVD for Jack today...plus Mrs Dyar wanted to see it as well. It looked pretty good from the previews and just wanted to ask what you guys thought about it?

Postby Yonna » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:01 am
I saw it with my godchildren. It was pretty good. There were a few funny parts that weren't on the preview. Unfortunately most of them were on it.

Still I recommend. :D
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby steveparkes » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:06 am
I really enjoyed it..loved the little gizelles(sp?) when they were singing 'I like to move it move it' :)

I'll be buying it as a christmas pressie for one of my sisters kids when it comes out over here on monday :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby JT » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:39 am
It was very enjoyable movie. My four year old son loved it :D

JT

Postby hfos » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:18 am
I didn't see it, but when I went to see Wallace & Gromit (I love Wallace & Gromit!) there was a short film first, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper," and I thought that one was absolutely great! :D

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:33 am
Unfortunately most of them were on it.
I agree with that. We took the kids to the cinema to see it and none of us were overly impressed, writers could have tried harder! :teaching: :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:40 am
I didn't see it, but when I went to see Wallace & Gromit (I love Wallace & Gromit!) there was a short film first, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper," and I thought that one was absolutely great! :D
This is included on the DVD as well as one of the bonus features.

I saw a bit of Madagascar and it had some funny bits but it was a bit different to what I expected.....still, I think it was ok for what it is...(i.e. smurfless). I think Jack really liked it which is the main thing.....Mrs Dyar is going to watch it another day without us as we get in the way of good movie watching apparently :-?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:44 am
Ice Age has to be one of my favourite kids' films. :) :) :)

Postby steveparkes » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 am
Do you know Karen...I've had that movie on DVD since it came out..and I still haven't watched it :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:35 am
Ice Age has to be one of my favourite kids' films. :) :) :)
I got that for Jack when it came out but I think I actually like it better than he does. I think that influenced the name of certain naughty smurf of mine....that and the fact I'm from Sydney and needed a forum name at the time.

Postby Gerda » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:41 am
My Sean wanted it for his birthday but it did not come out until after so he will get it for christmas instead. He has seen previews of it and since he heard the song "i like to move it move it' it is all he sings around the house.
Another good movie was Charlie and the chocolate factory (the new version) I give it two very big thumbs up :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:07 am
I haven't seen the new Charlie & the Choccy Factory yet Gerda....that's one I will have to put on my list to watch soon :D
Postby eggie smurf » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:36 am
I haven't seen it but I bought it on DVD for Jack today...
Spooky, I bought it for Madeline on DVD yesterday too :o I haven't seen it though...I have a feeling we're watching it when she comes over for Thanksgiving though :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:34 am
I haven't seen the new Charlie & the Choccy Factory yet Gerda....that's one I will have to put on my list to watch soon :D
I have asked Santa for this one, I have been watching the trailers since they came out and as I love the story, plus all of Tim Burton's films I think this might be the Christmas afternoon film here. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby steveparkes » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:01 pm
Ooh yeah, I lurv Tim Burton films..I have them all on DVD..my fave being Sleepy Hollow. I did like the corpse bride..but not too sure about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..I'm sorry to say I prefer the original :shock:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:15 pm
I have to agree , The Wallace and Gromit film was great. I at first thought we were in the wrong theatre at the cinema when the Madagascar penguins film started. We loved it tho' , it was real funny.
As for the wallace and Gromit Film , Pudsley fancies himself as a bit of a Phillip the jack Russell( he is the spitting image of him) :dogrun: Lucie :D

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:37 am
We went to see Wallace and Gromit on Sunday! It was Great!!!!! Loved it!

The penguin short movie was cool! I haven't seen Madagascar though... so don't know...
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:58 am
I haven't seen Madagascar either just a bit here and there. Kristy has had it for awhile but has only watched it twice maybe three times, so judging by that she didn't like it much. :)

I loved Wallace & Gromit :-D and the Madagascar penguin were funny before the movie. :D
I've got Kristy a Plush Alpesto Gromit for Christmas. He has a cap and little gum boots on ...awwwww cute 8)

Raelene
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Riding Smurfette » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:36 am
I went to see Wallice and Gromit with my mum, dad, and Brother, it was really good. I saw that advert to. It was funny when a lady bought one of the penguins as her dogs pressie, but the other penguins rescued him.
But the dog ended up in the stoking! But geting into the house was'nt that easy, they had to dress up as a snowman to get in. :snowman: :dogrun:
Page 1 of 1

Login