Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:57 pm
We dropped the kids off round their grandparents house today as we are all ill and we wanted to go xmas shopping and didn't want to take them out in the cold. Well just after we left we heard a police siren, looked ahead and saw a young lad and girl driving a stolen car with the police in tow heading straight for us. He swung the car around the corner hitting some other persons car and denting it all along the side. then swerved over just missing us and shot into the distance with the police still behind them. :shock: We asked the other lady whose car was hit if she was ok and only to discover she had a young baby in the back!!!!! I ran over to see if they were ok. Thankfully they were. :relieved: Just shocked and shaken up by it all. Kim made sure they were fine and i ran up the road to see if i could see anything? No luck so i came back and a police ambulance person had appeared and made sure everyone was ok. i gave the lady my details as i was a witness to it all and she would need it for help with the insurance. They caught them but it looks like they had no insurance so i dont know what the lady will do. :-? I'm just glad everyone was ok and unharmed. It all happened so quick we are still in shock over it. :shock: :shock: Its a horrid thought that what could have happened if the car had not swerved and hit us. Gulp :eek: just glad we had dropped the kids off beforehand. That other ladies little one must of been terrified.
Just thought i'd let you all know. As you can imagine we did'nt get any xmas shopping done in the end. :-? Oh well.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:05 pm
My God !

Glad to hear you are all ok Steve !

That sounded too close for comfort !

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:36 pm
Hi Steve, glad to hear both you and Kim are fine, it's sounds like you had a very lucky escape. I can imagine you both must have been very shaken up by the experience and like you say, Thank goodness you didn't have your kids with you. :hug:

Also good to hear that the other lady and her baby were also unharmed. Such tragic events happen every day but until you are directly involved it is always hard to imagine how precious life is.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:09 pm
Well i can say that what is written in my fist post about it is the edited version there was some very interesting choice words coming out of my mouth at the time. I wont repeat them though. :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: You are right Rach it do's make you think about life and how precious it is. :D
Smurfy regards, steve. :D

Postby steveparkes » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:36 pm
Gosh steve, thats terrible. glad you were all okay..I was involved in a hit and run myself, usually they have no insurance..thats why they run..takes AGES to get anything from the insurance companies too.

Glad you both are okay.

Steve
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:17 pm
Hi Steve

I'm glad that you and the other lady/baby are ok. I understand how quick these things can happen and I am not surprised that you were shaken by this incident....just thankful that veryone was ok and they caught the bastard.

I came close to being hit in a similiar incident when I was about 9. We were going to an Aquarium shop with my Mum and I just got out of the car on the traffic side and before I could move a speeding car drove past in this tiny street with parked cars on either side. I can still remember the gush of wind it caused as it drove by as I was flat against the side of the car and from memory it was really close. Before I could move a police car came by which scared the hell out of me as both cars sped by very close to where I was standing against the car and I didn't have a chance to move anywhere.

This happened so quickly so I can imagine what you went through slightly and how anythign could of happened. This forum wouldn't be the same without you so I am just grateful both you and Kim are ok.

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:44 pm
OMG, Steve! I'm so glad you and Kim are ok!! This is something you hear about on the news, not as an eyewitness :relieved:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:33 am
Very scary, Steve. I am also glad you are both ok and the other lady. Its usually the innocent bystanders who get hurt. Those kind of jerks always seem to come out of those things unscathed.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Fram » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:36 am
:grouphug: Steve and Kim :grouphug:
I'm glad you are both okay (and the people in the other car as well). It must have been terrifying.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:12 am
Not the kind of thing that you want to happen on any shopping trip ever! or any trip anywhere for that matter! Flippin heck. Glad to hear that everyone is ok. :D It's always nasty when a car is damaged (I'm thinking about the lady in the other car) but it's much better when it's only the car which is damaged. That was a lucky escape for all of you. Make sure you play the lottery this week! :D :-D
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:31 am
Oh dear Steve, thats terrible. We are glad that all of you and the other lady are Ok and unhurt, albeit very shaken up. I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality of the kids that go stealing cars and get them selves into police chases. They end up getting caught anyway and cause damage and mayhem into the bargain !! And sometimes god forbid end up killing people for what !! Half an hours cheap thrill getting chased :angry: . God if they want excitement i say stick them in a field for half an hour with an angry bull !! That'd sort em out !! Sorry it makes me really cross :soapbox: That's my rant for the day, im just gald you are all ok , never mind about the christmas shopping im sure rest and a nice cuppa tea after that shock is in order ( or maybe something a wee bit stronger for you steve) :beer: Lucie & Simon

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:04 am
I'm glad everyone was ok Steve, phew. That must have got your adrenaline going. These things seem to happen quite a lot as I'm always reading about car chases here in the local newspaper. Maybe it's because we don't live that far from the city. Luckily I've never been a witness to something like that. I feel sorry for the woman if she can't get any compensation for the damage to her car - that is really bad news.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login