Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:08 am
My doggie died today. I've had him since I just turned 16 so he has been around for more than half of my life and I am already missing him.......especially during the late nights like now when he used to keep me company when everyone was in bed.

Here's a pic of him that you probably remember from the past

Postby Fram » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:14 am
:grouphug: He was rather old for a dog, but that doesn't make it less sad of course :dogrun:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:39 am
:( :( :( Awwww poor Toby :( :( :( :hug: for Drew and Robby and Jack. At least he's in doggie heaven now :(
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:40 am
Yeah he was very old Fram and we knew it was probably going to happen sooner rather than later....I saw him before I left for work today and he looked ok.....I thought of going over to him and just having a chat with him before I left for work but didn't......I got the call that he had died about 2 hours later. I now wish I did go over and chat to him...if I had known he was going to be gone in a couple of hours then I would of stayed home today. I had the job of telling Jack this evening and he straight away said "we have to get a new animal now"....but I don't think I want to do that for a long time at the moment.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:49 am
Ah I am sorry to hear that Andrew. It is so hard when pets die.. :( :( :( :( :(

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:55 am
Sorry to hear about your dog Dyar :( Very sad

When you've had a pet that long it's like losing one of the family isn't it.

Maybe getting a new dog isn't such a bad idea. It helps :winks: :hug:

Raelene

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:27 am
Sorry to hear that Andrew! He had a good long life! :D
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Gladys » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:54 am
Awwwwww....that's so sad :( :( :(

I remembered when I had a pet bird and when it went to birdie heaven in the middle of the night, I couldn't even make it to school the next morning as my eyes were so puffy from crying that I could hardly open them :-(

Well...I'm sure that he would be just as happy in doggie heaven as well :D

Take heart & take care !!!

Gladys
To be able to SMURF is one of the JOYS in life !!!

Postby Rachel » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:41 pm
Dyar, I am so sorry to hear your news, that is so sad. At least Toby had a nice long life and I am sure he must have had some great times living with you, Robyn and Jack of course. :hug:

One of the reasons we decided to get another younger dog was because so many of our friends lost theirs and seeing what they went through we decided to at least try and make it a bit easier when the inevitable happens.

Sounds like Jack has taken it okay but if you want to make it a bit easier for him here is a nice site with a lovely poem.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:49 pm
That's a really nice site.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:29 pm
Very sad news Dyar. They may be a pet, but they are still a member of the family, a man's best friend they say, and its true ! take care !

:-D :beer:

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:35 pm
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
very sad news! Andrew

it must hurt very much when you have loved a dog for such a long time

I hope Mrs Dyar and your son are also ok as well.. as it must be hard on

all of you.

my sincere wishes
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:32 pm
:( :( :(

awww how sad. My dog went missing once and we didn't find him for a while. I know how upset I was.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:20 pm
Thanks guys

I'm a bit numb about it all at the moment....I missed him last night being around and burying him was very sad. He was originally the family pet but he kind of gravitated towards me as I used to give him the time where the other members didn't....so he naturally became my dog even back when I was 16. He had a long life and I think he was pretty happy living with me (besides when I took that Syd pic)...but he was getting worse towards the end so I think he was better off moving on.

He will be missed though

Postby Tamtam » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:01 am
So sorry for your loss Andrew! He sounds like he was a very loyal companion and will be missed.

Take care
Tam

Postby steveparkes » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:55 am
Awwwwwww....I'm really sorry to hear that Andrew..I know how you feel when you lose a favourite pet, I still miss my little pussycat terribly :(

((((((((((((((((mr & mrs dyar and family)))))))))))))))))))))))

There's a virtual hug for you all,

All the best,

Steve
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:27 pm
Hello Dyar, im really sorry to here that you have lost Toby. I know how hard it is to loose a pet, they are part of the family. I hope you and Robyn and Jack are all ok too. Im sure He had a lovely long life with you and was well loved and looked after. Maybe one day soon you can take Jack and Robyn and get another little Fella ( not a blue fella) which can join your family and have late night chats with you when everyone else is in bed. Take care Lucie ,Puds and Pol send you a big wet Lick to cheer you up :dogrun:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:49 pm
Thanks guys...all your messages have been really sweet. Jack & Robyn aren't really that affected as he was still really only my dog (someone had to love him).....he will be missed but he had a great innings and I am sure he is happier in Doggie Heaven where he can get to sniff around a lot more than what he could in my backyard.

doG bless him

Dyar

Postby chesneysmurf » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:51 pm
I'm so sorry Andrew! I know how it feels to lose someone that you have had for what seems like forever. Last Christmas Eve we lost our 11 year old Dalmatian. I still miss him very much.

But now I have my beautiful Maltese puppy who just turned 8 months old. I've had her since she was 8 weeks. We named her Daisy May. And Wednesday we're getting a male Maltese puppy. We're going to name him Ripley.
Lacey

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:52 pm
Hi Lacey

Thanks for the comments....I might get another puppy a bit later on but I think I will be dogless for a little while until I sort out if we will be moving or not in the near future.
And Wednesday we're getting a male Maltese puppy. We're going to name him Ripley.[/size]
I'm not sure whether to believe it or not :) ......sorry that was a bag gag relating to the TV show Ripley's. Good luck with your acquiring yoru new Maltese puppy...I am sure he will become part of the family in no time.
Page 1 of 2

Login