Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:59 am
If you ever get emails which seem like they are from ebay or paypal and they are asking you to enter your password or credit card details then don't do it!

If you are in doubt as to whether an email is from ebay or from paypal then just forward them either to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com. They will then send you an email back saying they will investigate, they will later send you another email which normally confirms the emails were not sent by ebay or paypal.

If you do get carried away and enter your credit card details then phone your bank immediately to stop your card. Also email ebay or paypal to tell them what you have done. Also change your ebay or paypal passwords immediately!

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:39 pm
I got my first one today :)
Easy to spot as a scam, as I don't have a credit card at all... But just for the fun, I clicked the link, and I went to some almost-exactly-eBay login screen (it wasn't perfect, but I was paying attention yet). There I did the ultimate test, I entered a login and password, and I was logged in. Sad thing was that I had used a bgus login and password, so unless someone else had exactly the same combination, I could never have gotten in.
So if you're in doubt and want to try something, take a fake identity: if they log you in anyway, it's certainly a scam!!!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:33 pm
Hi Fram

I think some how something we buy from certain sellers on EBAY

get us stuck with a virus or a bug ?? those emails only come to certain

people at certain times...

some sellers must have a bug on their emails??????
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:48 am
wow its been about 3 weeks orso since i dont recieve any
some days i had about 7 a day before

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:44 am
When I get something like this, I add the sender to my 'blocked senders list', so I don't see them anymore and I don't have the chance to click on them by mistake.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:38 am
We seem to get a truckload of them. Sometimes I wonder if its grumpy sellers or buyers sending them! (Not that I've had any grumpy buyers)

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:39 pm
We've been getting all of those scams where they want to deposit huge amounts of money into your bank account and that you have to call an overseas number to get into contact with some Mohammed someone or something.

Personally I would prefer to get Mohammed in a pub here.

Dyar :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :cheers:
Page 1 of 1

Login