Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:38 pm
As we are all collectors chances are we collect something else besides Smurfs. I wondered what else people collect?

My husband collects lego, he has enough to build us another house to live in!

I collect things to do with Olivia Newton-John when I see them, but I don't go out deliberately looking for the stuff.

I love books and if I was rich I would love a room devoted to books.

But that's about it, Smurfs are my main collecting interest. :cheers:

Postby JT » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:46 pm
I collect other toys.
Britains animal and human figures + vehicles. I like ones from 70´s, but I collect all I can get (cheap ones :) )
I also have some comic and cartoon PVC figures and usually buy all I can get (cheap).
Smurfs are clearly my main target, but usually I get some of others alongside them.

I used to collect Hockey cards and stamps too, but not anymore.

Janne

Postby Tamtam » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:35 pm
I used to be into the Harry Potter figures and any toy from 1970/80 TV, like the Dukes of Hazzard or Knight Rider but in order to buy smurfs I sold all of it on ebay! It was worth it though!

Postby pekkelien » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:56 pm
burago modeling cars
and kipling monkeys

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:19 pm
Cacti :cactus: and shoes. I don't go out of my way to collect shoes you understand, yet I just seem to keep buying them............ :yikes:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:23 pm
I have to ask Sven, what is a kipling monkey? When I think of kipling I think cakes :) . http://www.mrkipling.co.uk

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:27 pm
I am just the opposite Rachel, I only own about 3 pairs of shoes, some trainers, boots and summer sandals. I live in my slippers and I go through about 6 pairs of slippers a year. Last year I had to buy some new summer shoes and I was so relieved in September when they developed a fault because I took them back and got my money back! :) I put my last pair of boots in a car boot sale Brian was doing and went to the shops for a new pair. I had a major panic when I realised I had had the old pair so long they were back in fashion and I rang Brian and told him to take them out of the sale because I was coming home to rescue them. So I have got through another winter without having to buy a new pair. I rarely buy clothes and I rarely buy shoes, leaves more money for smurfs. :D

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:40 pm
:) :)

Richard calls me Imelda Marcos because I have so many. I have just taken two big bin sacks full of the shoes I *think* I will be able to live without for of month or two to my mother in laws while we may have to try and sell our house. I have only left my self about 10 pairs that I can't live without plus slippers. (OMG I am not joking) :crazy: :gaga:

I didn't actually think I collected shoes up until this post but know I have just written it down I think I may have a problem........ :rolf:

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:44 pm
You have 10 pairs AFTER your clearout? OMG Rachel that is a serious problem!!!! :shock:

Actually Stinky had a go at me for having 3 handbags today, I have more handbags than anything. All the better to hit you with I tell him! :)

How many pairs of shoes are you bringing to Schtroumpf Passion, Rachel? I haven't got to put up with loads of shoes have I? I only buy a new pair when the old ones are falling apart or look about 2 decades behind the times. If I wait long enough they usually come back into fashion! :)

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:47 pm
How many pairs of shoes are you bringing to Schtroumpf Passion, Rachel? I haven't got to put up with loads of shoes have I?
Well for a weekend, I could probably get away with 3 or 4 pairs, depending on the weather. :)

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:50 pm
Well if I bring my 3 pairs you will be sorry....... I need to switch them in order to let them ventilate occasionally and chances are 1 of the 3 pairs are not going to be pleasant company! :) :grinning:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:31 pm
I am still wearing a pair of sneakers that I bought in August 1997 :? Just for the record I have 4 pairs of shoes and slippers.....but I think my slippers are now dead because they have leprosy.
Before smurfs I used to collect CDs, Records, Tapes, Music Magazines, Music Videos & Music DVDs. My smurf room used to be my music room.

I have about 4,000 CDs possibly more, 2,000 records, 1,000 cassettes, 1,500 video tapes and about 30 DVDs. I have more magazines than what I know what to do with them because I have my own music research library at home from when I worked as a researcher. The MTV Australia research library was initially entirely set up from articles taken from my library although a few years have passed since I worked there so who knows how much of that stuff is left there now.

For me...music has always been my only interest (besides the obvious things of course) but that has almost been replaced by smurfs now...hence the music room now referred to as the smurf room.

Other things I have collected

Used Fireworks (I was 4 and then my mother discovered them)
Kiss cards (I was about 5 and had no idea who they were)
Mork & Mindy cards (I was about 6 and had no idea who they were)
Football cards (I was 7 and was starting to find out what football was)
Credit Card bills (I was 30 and discovered smurfs)
Backstage Concert Passes (from sneaking in or getting authorised to go backstage)
Empty alcohol bottles (Robyn made me throw them out about 10 years ago as my bedroom started to smell like a brewery....I didn't really collect as just put them on the shelf when finished)

Dyar

Postby chesneysmurf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:44 am
I collect sea shells and anything beachy. I also collect anything to do with Kenny Chesney. I do seem to have tons and tons of flip-flops. I think those are the greatest shoes every invented! :) :D
Lacey

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:11 am
flip flops...lol.....we call those thongs down here.....although you can laugh at us because your thongs defiantely do not go on your feet unless you are currently giving someone a kick up the backside. We call your thongs G-strings which are more fun to pluck than the one on my guitar.....does that make sense?

Dyarsensical

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:48 am
We call them flip-flops, but then we used to call thongs g-strings and they seem to have changed into thongs just recently. I used to call them g-strings and now I call them all sorts of names because they get stuck in places they shouldn't. :)

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:41 am
We call them flip-flops, but then we used to call thongs g-strings and they seem to have changed into thongs just recently. I used to call them g-strings and now I call them all sorts of names because they get stuck in places they shouldn't. :)
:) :) :)

Now in French they call them (or used to call them) "Tongues"... well as in a pair of "Tongues" that is... so that's nothing to do with your G-Strings but more to do with your average flip flop. And they used to say just "String" for G-Strings, which thinking about it, is more like a Y than a G really... but Y-Strings would be too close to Y-Front, and consequently much less sexy, so that's probably why they choose "G". Actually does anyone know why they are called "G-Strings"?

Anyway, :backtotopic: I also collect Star Wars (3 1/4 inch figures, vehicles, cratures from all eras)... and "Armies Of Middle Earth" (from the Lord of the Rings) but only the 2 inches figures and scenes (I don't collect the bigger figures, don't ask me why, I'm not sure myself: I like the miniatures figures but not the big ones (a bit like the Smurfs really)... and there is an awesome dragon... I couldn't resist to put a pic below...)

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby pekkelien » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:05 am

Postby Tojo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:06 pm
I started considering what I collect & ended up with a list:-

smurfs
CD's
hotwheels cars
model trucks given away with cases of beer
asterix books
wargaming figures (napoleonic french - painted by myself)
golly badges
coins (as & when I see something I like)
stamps (not very seriously)
playmobil knights
lego knights
hütschenreuther porcelain bells (for the xmas tree)
used to collect beer labels (still have them all)
sanes goes for coca cola bottles from around the world
collected whimsey porcelain houses by wade (have 4 missing from the set)
have the complete inspector morse series as books & dvd's

there's probably more things I could add but me brains siezed up.

:cheers:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Hi guys, ive got to go with Rachael on this one . You can never have enough pairs of shoes. Ive even got two pairs of wellies ! I must admit tho' since collecting smurfs seriously my shoe fetish is on the back burner. The other thing i collect which ive had since i was a small child are Beatrix Potter books. I was lucky enough to have had them bought for me and left to me as gifts. :D Lucie

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:57 pm
You remind me of my husband because he also collects: -

Asterix books, coins, stamps and lego.

Like you he only collects coins and stamps he takes a fancy to, nothing too serious. Lego is his main thing, he's actually a bigger collector than me!
Page 1 of 2

Login