Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:25 pm
I was just wondering if this kinda thing is a common occurence:

I bought a smurf from ebay on the 17th Nov from the US and paid airmail postage for it. I waited 2 weeks for it to arrive and then sent an email asking where it was. The seller waited a few days before responding and then said "Oh I am so sorry. I completely forgot. I've been very busy. I will post it Monday (6th Dec)" which was nearly a week after she sent the email (a Tuesday). So that made it about 3 and a half weeks before she actually was going to post it. I waited until the 16th for it and then just lodged a Paypal buyer complaint because if I waited for the smurf to turn up it would be too late to file a claim. It's very frustrating. I felt bad about filing the claim as she said it was on the way but if I left it and it didn't turn up then I'm screwed! I sent her an email telling her that I would be contacting paypal and tried to explain why it was necessary.

The smurf is still not here. I checked yesterday. It should take 7-10 days and 10 days are up now but it could take longer with all the Christmas post. I am figuring she was just fobbing me off until the 30 days were up so I couldn't file a claim. Fingers crossed and she wasn't and it'll turn up next week. Also she hasn't left feedback so thats a stress too.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:39 am
Hi Linda

As everyone here would know...we love ebay and buying smurfs and nothing makes us happier...however when things go wrong there is also nothing more frustrating as I only know too well and I am sure people here has had it worse than me.

I can only hope that the Chrissy rush is holding it all back. I paid $405 for a package that hasn't turned up yet either that I thought would of been here 2 weeks ago. So far in my ebay history I have only had one package that never turned up....it wasn't even sent and no guessing who that was from....but besides a parcel or 2 that took a lot longer than expected everything else has turned up. I think yours will too but then again that sounds like a dodgy seller. I honestly don't mind if someone is busy and can't mail it straight away but the fact that she was going to take yet another week to post it is just shite professionalism as far as I am concerned. I think you did the right thing by protecting yourself and I can only wish you luck that the package will turn up this week.

All the best

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:14 am
I've also lodged a complaint on the 30th day recently. The seller will not respond to any emails, I've only ever received their invoice saying if I paid that day they would post immediately. The minute paypal got involved they did say to paypal they had shipped via ups from the states. I don't think I took insurance so I am hoping they don't try and say they sent it when they didn't. I emailed someone else who bought from them and they said that the same thing happened to them, the seller only sent the goods when the paypal complaint was filed. What a nightmare!! I don't know where some sellers get off behaving like this! I'm also worried about £100 worth of history smurfs I bought recently that haven't arrived yet. I don't understand why some US sellers give insurance as an option and some don't, surely the postal system is the same all over the US? This person I made the complaint about has a big website as well, and yes they sell smurfs, it is frightening to know that you could order smurfs from their website and they may never arrive. I don't understand how people think they can get away with it! :banghead: :banghead:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:04 am
Just updating everyone. It STILL hasn't arrived.

Paypal says they are in discussions with the seller....whatever that means.

Linda

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 am
Well my package just arrived. I am considering leaving them a negative on the 90th day, or should that be 89th?

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:43 am
At least they're there!! Thats something to be thankful for. 100 pounds down the drain would've been awful!

I never know exactly how they calculate those days.....

Linda

Postby pekkelien » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:46 am
the whone i had trouble with on a other site i mentioned arrived last week
he told the site that he mailed it too me
it was mailed after 2 days he mailed the site it was send
so eventualy i got the smurf 27 days after payment from a guy who lives about 20 km from my doorstep :)

i have sold some thing and mailed the packages 19 days ago yesterday the first guy has recieved it
christmas :-?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 am
The person charged me £5 for handling, not impressed. :(

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:08 pm
The person charged me £5 for handling, not impressed. :(
Ouch, that bites. I got a few different quotes for lots of 3 smurfs from the US. One quote was for $9.70US and another for $21 and another for $4. So I guess there are a lot of people out there trying to rip unsuspecting buyers off. I now ask them how much it weighs also and work out the cost using the international calulators for the country in question. I don't mind paying a dollar or two for packaging and handling but $5+ is way too much.

I just got this email from a seller:

I JUST RETURNED FROM P.O. AFTER MAILING YOUR ITEM..I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I MISREAD THE INTERNATIONAL CALCULATOR WRONG AND OVER CHARGED YOU. AND I WANTED TO APPOLOGIZE FOR THIS.. I HAD TO CLEAR THE AIR.. THERE WAS NO INTENT, SO AGAIN I APPOLOGIZE AND WISH YOU HEALTHY HAPPY HOLIDAYS....
THANK YOU,AGAIN

How are you supposed to respond to that?? There's no offer of compensation or anything. I mean fair enough that she made a misatke but what is she going to do about it? I think I'll wait till the package comes and see if there's a refund in the package or an extra smurf or something!

Sven: Someone told me they posted an item on the 24th Nov and it hadn't arrived on the 10th Dec. When it did arrive the postmark was 8th Dec. grrrrr She told me on the 10th that it was posted on the 24th Nov. Personally I don't see the point in lying. Why not just say "Sorry, I'll post it right away" or "Sorry, I was late posting it" The person will be grumpy about it but not half as grumpy as when you lie to them about it.

Linda

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:24 pm
:rant: :soapbox:

I apologise for the ranting before but heres some more:

Good News: The smurf I bought that I was ranting about finally arrived. She said it would be posted by 7th Dec and it was postmarked 13th Dec. I bought it on the 17th Nov and paid for airmail postage.

Bad News: On the listing she said they were in mint to near mint condition. The holly smurf has a pinkish colouring to the letters (which are supposed to be white??), this extends to the leg and underneath the smurf and to the letters at the back. This could not be seen at all in the picture in the listing (see first pic - the postman smurfs were the only ones included in this auction). Would anyone consider this to be mint or near mint??

I've posted pics I've taken of the smurf next to the other one she sent so you can see the difference in colour, though its more noticeable than it appears in these pics. He also has a tiny rub under his eye which you can't see in my pic.

Also to top it off she charged me $US9.70 for postage and the postage on the box was $5.30. It was a recycled box with newspaper inside for packing. I'm feeling VERY cranky about this. Any suggestions on how to tackle this. She has not left feedback. :banghead:

Linda

PS: Now that I've ranted and raved about it I guess someone is going to tell me the letters are supposed to be that colour...LMAO
Page 1 of 1

Login