Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 am

It's off in the kitchen for me now to get the turkey ready..then I get the house ready for company.

I hope everybody enjoys today..and remembers we have lots to be thankful for...whether we celebrate Thanksgiving or not :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tintin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:06 am
Hi

Happy thanksgiving for everyone !!!!!!!
Enjoy and i would like to hear and see all your story's :-D

Tintin

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 am
what a lovely picture Maureen

happy Thanksgiving ( however I have no idea what you`re celebrating) 8-)

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 am
Giving thanks, of course, Lia :o 8-)

It's comparable to Erntedankfest in Germany..just bigger..like everything in the US 8-) 8-)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:29 am
Thanks Maureen

I understand, it has a religeous background

but a lot of special food 8-)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:05 am
Not sure about the religious background..if it had, we wouldn't be able to call it Thanksgiving anymore (Christmas has become the Holiday season or even worse..a winter festival so we don't step on anybody's toes :banghead: )

But Thanksgiving is in memory of the Pilgrims when they came over with the Mayflower and nearly starved to death during their first fall/winter over here. The Indians came and showed them how to survive over here....so that's really what Thanksgiving is about...a very nice American tradition is to sit around the Thanksgiving table and everybody gives thanks for special people or things in their lives :cheers:

And a traditional Thanksgiving meal is to have plenty of local grown foods i.e. Turkeys (our woods are full of them) green beans, corn, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pies, cranberry sauce and lots of desserts. Each family has their own traditional meal..but I think those are the basics..at least down here in the South, but I think up North they have the same items :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:14 am
That`s a nice explaination and a nice tradition! :D

Postby smurf68 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:46 am
Happy Smurfgiving, enjoy your day. Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving you always have something to be thankful for everyday.

Chris
A.K.A. smurf68
Attachments
Thanksgiving smurfs.jpg
Thanksgiving smurfs.jpg (99.25 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

Postby Tojo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 pm
But Thanksgiving is in memory of the Pilgrims when they came over with the Mayflower and nearly starved to death during their first fall/winter over here.
I'm from Devon as some of you know & studied in Plymouth where I continued to live for a while. On the quayside there is a plaque showing where the Pilgrims set sail from. I think they started off in Southampton then picked up more settlers in Plymouth before heading off for America. The area is also famous for the Plymouth Brethren who were equally religious.

Almost forgot, happy Thanksgiving!! :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 pm
I left the house today right after Macy's parade started. Drove the 80 miles to my neices house. Got there in plenty of time to see the Smurf float and balloon. I figured I had missed it.
P.S. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:10 pm
Has anyone heard whether Macy's is having any smurfs this year? Last year they had the wonderful plush with the finger puppets (at least I think it was last year :roll: ).

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm
You know Tojo, Macy's said last year they would be the home of the Smurfs. All I know that they had was the plush and puppets. They also had a gift card and although it wasn't really a Smurf item, the snow globe. It just depicted the prade but did have the Smurfs balloon in it. I went to Macy's half dozen time's and found nothing else. And probibly went to their website and never saw anything. So in answer to your question, who knows.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 pm
I found the finger puppets alone on Amazon, Not sure if I paid .99 for both or each, but either way pretty cheap. They have the Macy's tags on them. But I gues they could be fakes. I had forgotten about them until you mentioned them.
Mr Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm
Has anyone heard whether Macy's is having any smurfs this year?
They don't, Tojo....Macy's chooses a different cartoon or mascot to honor each year.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:22 am
Thanks Staci. It's a shame as the plush was very well done.

Postby Tracker Smurf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:47 am
Has anyone heard whether Macy's is having any smurfs this year?
They don't, Tojo....Macy's chooses a different cartoon or mascot to honor each year.
Unfortunately it is the Aflac Duck this year :( How do you go from a smurf to the mascot of an insurance company?
Page 1 of 1

Login