Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm
can anyone help me to fix my PC?? Its picked up some fake virus scan thing and has blacked out my screen and makes it look like there is nothing in the C drive or my external G drive?? it says there is a critical run error and that there is a hard drive falier. a window box opens with a fake scan thing for windows repair and when you click on the link it trys to get you to pay for it! My pc wont let me get into the drives and wont let me re start to a previous adress. Also this fake window wont close at all and after 10 mins or so the pc shuts down and re starts :-( If anyone can give me some advice on what I can do to sort it out please let me know asap befor i cant get on the net at all :-(
kind regards
Steve :banghead: :( :( :( :( :( :(

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:40 pm
Sounds like a serious one you got there Steve. :eek:
I think the best bet would be to get a bootable disk (CD/DVD/USB) with an antivirus program that can run without windows, so you kan get the computer cleaned.
Not sure if you can get online, you could try one of the free good internet anti-virus that run online. :-?

The evil alternative would be to format and re-instal Windows, but that won't solve your problem if the virus is a bootable one installed in the BIOS. :( :banghead:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:26 pm
Oh no, that's horrible, Steve

Are you able to disconnect the computer from the net?

I had a similar problem a few years ago..rebooting didn't work, but I was able to run my anti Virus program a couple of times which helped me to isolate the problem. If your computer reboots on it's own though, you may not be able to run it long enough which is why I would try to disconnect the computer from the net in case the virus is connected with the net.

The only other solution I know is to take the computer to a computer store and let them run their scans and isolate the virus. I know this is expensive but may end up being your only option.

I hope you won't loose everything you have stored on the harddrive :fingers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:59 pm
well this is the virus ive got : Windows Repair Virus But I cant seem to find a free virus removal thingy that will get rid of it. :banghead: :banghead: :( :( everytime I think ive found one as soon as i down load it it asks for money. :angry: any one know a good free one that will get rid of it?
Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:29 pm
Did you try completely shutting everything down for a few minutes and turning it back on again? I got a weird message like that once and shutting off the computer and turning it back on got rid of it? Worth a try and it's free!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 pm
this is a very old thread, but Dragon knew what he was talking about. It's worth checking out the links he put on there and in his siggy

http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=6291
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tintin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 am
Hi Steve

Those damned computers..................... sorry no help here.
Good luck finding a sollution ..........

Tintin

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 am
I think ive sorted it out?
What ever it was it made all the folders and files hidden so they could not be seen and delited my screen saver.
I managed to unhide all the files and folders sdo now there all visable again.
I located the windows repair virus and managed to delite it and the links to it.
now it all seems to be back to normal fingers crossed. :D
Will just have to see how it all goes :D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 am
Happy that you seem to have solve it, and that it may not have been as bad as first thought. :-D :cheers:

PS - You should though, try to find out where it come from, so it won't happen again. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Yonna » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:00 am
Sounds really bad!! I suggest you take it to a professional before it's too late if it already isn't. It's always bad if you can't get a normal start. It's easily corrected and the viruses are easily removed if you can normally open the computer. Then I know several programs that help. I know none that help you now. Sorry.
Go ahead! Smurf my day!
Page 1 of 1

Login