Val Kilmer
6%
George Clooney
No votes
Christian Bale
31%
Total votes : 16

Postby PonySmurf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm
I have this poll going on another forum. Curious to see what you guys think! Feel free to say why you picked who you picked.

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 pm
I voted for Bale. I think he encorporates the current style of the comic better than the other actors although Keaton does come close.

Kilmer was ok but Clooney was a bit silly really (& the film isn't great - except for the lovely Poison Ivy <sigh>).

Adam West is the classic Batman of the old school & the film & the series from the 60's are very entertaining - they also have the best batmobile ever. Pass me the shark repellant Robin :) :) :)

I love the DC Batman comics & their spin-offs (Red Robin, Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens (very sexy)) & will be buying the latest German Batgirl release tomorrow (US issues 5-8 in one volume translated into German). The earliest Batman comics I have are from the early 1970's & there are reprints in them from the early issues (1940's, 1950's) which are very different from the modern comics.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby PonySmurf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:27 pm
Cool! Good to hear why you picked who you picked.

I go with Keaton myself. While he wasn't physically imposing, I think he's the better actor of the lot. He says a lot with his eyes. Also I prefer the neurotic & gothic brooding sort of Batman as opposed to the tough, kick-ass, ninja type (Bale). I like the production values of the new films... But I think Tim Burton struck a nerve with me in the way he portrayed the characters ... especially what I would consider to be uninteresting villains (Penguin namely). His Catwoman was stunning. Nicholson's Joker of course was superb.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 am
I voted for Bale, though I like Adam West as well.

Postby PonySmurf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm
So you like the camp Batman and the serious Batman? Total opposites! haha

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:47 am
Well, blame me for fond childhood memories. ;) When I was eight, I watched the tv series, only one year before the release of the first Batman movie featuring Michael Keaton. :D

Postby PonySmurf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 pm
For the longest time the 1st Batman film (with Jack Nicholson) was my favorite... It was a movie event. Though, over the years, the 2nd Batman film (Batman Returns) has sort of surpassed the first one for me. It is more heavily influenced by Tim Burton's weird flair... but everything from Keaton's performance, to his chemistry with Catwoman... to Penguin's freakishness sums up all that I love about Batman. ;)

Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm
I like the current batman if for no other reason it was the first time I ever cared about Batman ( I was always a Superman fan). I actually had the pleasure of seeing Christian Bale at a comic con a few years back promoting Dark Knight. I had no idea he wasn't American until I read somwhere he does all his press for the batman films with an American accent since Batman is an American character.

Postby PonySmurf » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:53 am
I knew Bale was Welsh... I didn't know he did press for Batman in an American accent... how dreadful :)

I like Superman too, but for me, nobody Christopher Reeve... he was and is Superman and I don't reckon he'll ever be surpassed
Page 1 of 1

Login