Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 pm
Hi All; Some of you may have heard about this. I a town in Arkansas 5,000 birds were found dead on New Years day in a square mile area. This also happen in another state but there were only about 500 birds. The autopsy revieled that they died of blunt force trauma. Which is what happens when they run into something. The experts are saying that fireworks frightened the birds and they ran into buildings and power lines. They went further to say birds don't see well at night. If that was true Most of the birds would not have made it out of the tree. They would have ran into the outer limbs of the tree. They pretty much fill a tree so they can keep warm. Also looking at the pic's on the news not many of them are shown near buildings and cars. They are all out in the open. I am not really sure what to think. But 5,000 birds ran into something. Maybe something that was invisable. My point about the title is I am pretty sure almost ever town in the US has fireworks on New Years. Surely this would have happened before.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:44 pm
You ever read Stephen kings Under the Dome :) Weird though...

Postby bwalters » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 am
Someone said last night, this happened in Sweden, or Switzerland too.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 am
By the way, No I have not read that book. I have seen a few of his movies. Christine, Cujo, Pet Cemetary. and others.
Mr Bill

Postby André » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:59 am
Someone said last night, this happened in Sweden, or Switzerland too.
Yes Bill it happened here in Sweden too a few days ago.

They were killed by some kind of "outside" force and not toxic.

It could be a combination between fireworks, chock and running into something.

In Sweden a truckdriver phoned the newspaper when he heard about this and told them he ran into a large amount of birds sitting on the road.
So the experts guess either they because of the strange weather( very cold) the birds are very weak and went to eat salt on the road or they got chocked by fireworks and sat in chock on the road???

I don´t know what to think, but many animals are very weak now because of the extreme weather and maybe this can have something to do with it. Do you have the same strange weather in US where this happened?
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby bwalters » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:34 am
No Actually it is fairly nice. Gets down to about 20f but gets to around 40f during the day. In Ark it may get even higher. So is this the first time in History it has gotten cold in Sweden? First time fireworks were ever shot off? I don't like birds in the trees in my yard. So If I see them start to collect in a tree I set off a firecracker to scare them away. They are usually all over the tree. Not just on the outside. So if startled by fireworks they would run into every branch on that tree. Something else is going on. Don't have the answers.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 am
By the way, No I have not read that book. I have seen a few of his movies. Christine, Cujo, Pet Cemetary. and others.
In under the dome a big clear dome comes up over a small town... no one can see the dome so birds and such are crashing into it. The bird thing made me think of that book. Of course I think they put a big dome up in the Simpson movie too :)
Page 1 of 1

Login