Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm
We've had an early start this year to the stormy season (usually starts in November) with major storms and even a Tornado touchdown in the middle of Chattanooga.

The pictures below were posted by viewers to one of our local TV stations.
Northgate mall is pretty much the area where I do all of my Chattanooga shopping at...and Chickamauga dam goes right across the TN river which divides Chattanooga into two parts.

Both areas are well known to me as I used to drive on the Highway close by for 8 years to work...and the Tornado hit around the time of rush hour which caused a pretty bad car pile up. I think there were injuries, but thankfully nobody was killed.

I live about 40 miles away from there, and other than rain, nothing happened up here :relieved:
Attachments
Northgate mall.jpg
Northgate mall.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
Chickamauga Dam Touchdown.jpg
Chickamauga Dam Touchdown.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:35 pm
Wow that is a scary looking tornado. Lucky for me when that storm blew through last night it was 2am, and I was sleeping.
Mr Bill

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 pm
Wow...very windy here in Milwaukee... nothing quite that bad but was scared my sudents would blow away at recess time.... we did have a tornado touchdown in Racine about an hour out from here. I think its tearing throught the midwest here in the US... Hope all clears up in time for trick or treat time.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:10 am
OMG!!! I read about just the other day about it, hoping you you were not affected by the storm. :fingers: :hug:

Postby Tintin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:46 am
Hi Maureen

Better take good care of your new smurfs then.
Otherwise they may fly back where they came from ........
Or worse ....... they fly to my place :-D :)

Hug Tintin

Postby Beers » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 am
I love watching Tornado related programmes, they fascinate me, but for people who get caught in them and the destruction they can cause........... :yikes:

We are lucky here in the UK that we never see anything like this on that kind of scale !

I wish you well Moey :D
:stupidsmurf:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 am
I'm glad you were OK Moey. :hug: How was Petee? And what do the new girls think?

Postby André » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 am
It is good that nothing bad happend to you, your dogs, cats of your new house! :D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm
We are all ok....Petee was a bit scared but once it rained he was ok. The pups couldn't have cared less...Georgie is much more interested in the dead deer that lies close to the Highway..and keeps munching on it :-P

They actually thought that the big storm would hit my area, so I was ready with the dogs and the camera...feel a bit let down that we didn't get anything (usually it hits us more than it does Chattanooga), but on the other hand...not sure I am ready yet to actually see a Tornado coming. We've had one two miles up the road about 13 years ago, but I slept thru that one 8)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:50 pm
wow what an impressive tornado. Luckily nothing happened to you! I always find it so strange how these storms work, How often i've seen pictures where a tornado goes into a house and you find one side completly gone and another wall still has the pictures hanging untouched. just crazy.
We had the winds stronger today it seems than yesterday, whatever leaves where on the trees are now somewhere in lake michigan by the way things where blowing. that this storm system was so big and covered so much area just amazing.
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:31 pm
It actually wasn't a big one, but it hit a huge bridge so it looked and felt worse than it was...of course, we don't live in a typical Tornado area either, so it also looked huge to us :) :)

I saw on the news today that this storm system pretty much affected everybody from the Midwest to the South..and was moving North today :shock:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bwalters » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:58 pm
About 6 years ago I was at a resturant and someone said come look at the sky, we went out around 5:30pm and the sky was green. When I got home I discovered that a tornado went right behind my property. I started looking for damage to my trailer. All I found was 2 pieces of the porch roof torn. A citranella candle that was sitting on a 2x4 standing on it's side was untouched. My neighbor said it was really scary. None of my trees even had a limb off. Trees 50 feet from my fence were broken and houses a quarter mile away roofs gone. Ya never know.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login