Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 3
Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm
Hi all; Bradley inspired me to buy a house also. JK I have to move 100 miles from where I presently live. I thought about renting, but all I could find was apts. I really wanted a place for Max to be able to run. I found a house on the internet that looked promising, turn out to be a dump. The realtor I had contacted took me to her office and looked up a few more she had seen and we could go look at. We only looked at two. Not sure why we didn't just stop at the first, I liked it. When I saw the second that was $20,000 more I was thinking I don't see 20k diffrence. The realtor said that same thing to me. I said your right lets just go with the first one. We had a little little problem with the title, but today I found out that will be fixed in a couple of days. Will probibly be ready to move in next week.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm
Now if I can get Bradley to come and remodel it for me. lol
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 am
lol Bill :-D I think you need my mums partner for any reno work... I'm just a good little worker, ha. Its amazing his knowledge & what he's been able to do at my house. Glad you've found a place & ready to move in. well done! Max will have a ball with all the space. One of my cats from home will be moving into my house soon.. keep me company. Hopefully she will like it here & not be scared of the change.

Postby Tintin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 am
Hi Bill

Congratulations !!
Good luck with your new home........

Greetings Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:18 am
One of my cats from home will be moving into my house soon.. keep me company. Hopefully she will like it here & not be scared of the change
If she is anything like Mogli, it will take all but one hour and she will be telling you it's really her house now :) :)

He hid for the first hour...then investigated it....and then behaved as if he never lived anywhere else :D

Bill, glad it finally worked out and you get to move soon. The location of the house looks beautiful :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:00 am
Congrats on the new house Bill! :cheers:
Looking forward to see pics.

bradley: I'm sure yout cat your cat will love it, as long as you're there and her stuff, then she'll be fine (even if she decided to hide during the 1st hours).
Both mine hide under the new bed all day long (from +/- 3pm to 10 pm)... they only dared to start exploring when our friends, that helped us move, left. :lol:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Wandy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:58 pm
I'am glad that you have you own place now I'm sure that Max going to love it :dogrun: Ready to see some pictures of your brand new smurfroom :beersmurf: :congrats: Bill and Good Luck!!!

Wandy :witch:

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:39 pm
Thanks everyone. My realtor called me today. The owner is willing to let me move in now, but wants to charge me $13 a day until we close. I'm not quite ready to move anyway. Still got a lot of boxing up to do. My old boss offered to bring his big box truck to my house so I can load it a little at a time. Then he is going to help me move. He is going to give me a riding lawn mower too. I have a push mower. The truck has a lift and I have a dolly so I can pretty much load the truck myself. I have a TV that weighs around 400 lbs. I moved it up here by myself 5 years ago.
Mr Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:13 pm
Congratulations on finding a house so quickly Bill :D Sounds like it will all work out pretty well!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby André » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 am
Congrats and good luck with your new house Bill!!
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tojo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:08 pm
That is really good news that you've found your own place Bill :D The benefit of owning over renting is of course that you can do what you like to the place & don't have to ask the landlord :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:30 pm
I agree Tojo. Secondly my payment is less than any rent I have seen down there. I am going to put money away incase I have anything happen. I will be getting a 1 year warrenty with the house on the furnace and other things.
Mr Bill

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:07 am
Congrats Bill!!! :cheers: :D Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Postby bwalters » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:12 am
I should get a walk through in a couple of days. I will take my camera. When I went to look at houses the first day. I was so disapointed in the first house, I put my camera in the car and forgot to take it to look at this one. lol
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:26 pm
Congratulations on your new home! :D :D

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:03 pm
Here are a few pic's of the outside of the house and yard.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3469_n.jpg
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:09 pm
here are some more.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... _n.jpg[img]
Anyone up for a painting party? I'll put you up for the night. lol[/img]
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Missed this one of the front yard.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:59 pm
Is the yard fenced in? Max will be in heaven in there :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:19 pm
I haven't totally inspected the fence. But there is fence from the beginning of the drive all the way around the back and all the way to the front on the other side. I will have to fence in the front and to the left in the last pic. Not sure how much I want to let him run yet. But yea he will be elated. The most he has been able to run is 20 feet all of his life. I'll have around $3,000 to fence and fix all the things I need. Really other than a few gallons of paint the outside is fine. I didn't really get to see one of the rooms. (someone was asleep in it) but what I saw looked fine. I did see pic's of what it looked like before they moved in. Looked like they have moved out today.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 3

Login