Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 3 of 3

Postby bwalters » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 pm
Hi All; My new furnature was just delivered. Heres a few pics.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:22 pm
I'm looking for opinions on what you think about the cabnet and wicker shelves. There is another wicker shelve on the other side of the couch.
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:22 am
Love the cabinet! That's gonna look great filled with smurfs! :-D :) :)

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 am
I have moved the wicker shelf to the other side of the loveseat. The big glass cabinet is for all my special stuff. I will put my ceramic Smurfs in the cabinet below the TV. I still haven't made up my mind on where all the furnature will go.
Mr Bill

Postby Wandy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am
Maybe you can move the two wicker shelfs together to the dining room and display everything smurfy with mugs,cups,plates.Also if you have a wicker table you can make a wall unit with them. :)

Wandy :witch:

Postby bwalters » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 pm
Well I learned two things last night. Do not ever get rubbing alcohol anywhere near a 3 hour old recliner, and if you do WD-40 will fix it. I was doctoring my leg where I fell a couple weeks ago. When I put the lid back on the bottle I guess some ran down the bottle, I set the bottle on a slot machine that was sitting next to me. When I looked down at the foot rest it had a very light tan spot. I grabbed the trusty old WD-40 and put a tiny bit on a rag, when I ran it accross the spot it disapeard.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:45 pm
Max is free at last. I finally got the back yard fenced. Max ran chased tennis balls. Three dogs from next door came over to visit. Two were very small an Max altho a small dog himself towered over them. They were scared and slipped back through a very small hole in the fence.The other was a little smaller than Max and I watched how he got over and fixed it. Heres a few pics
First is a riding lawn mower my old boss and friend gave me. It bags the leaves and grass.
Free at last free at last.
He's chaseing a ball. behind him is a burn barel but I haven't used it becase there is a burn warning out.
exploring all the room to run.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:49 pm
Chaseing a tennis ball. I think he likes it.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:59 pm
Max is in heaven now 8)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 pm
Yes he was. right now he has worn himself out. and is sleeping. I am only going to let him in the back for now until I know he can't get out. There was a place where a dead tree had fallen. There was only a bunch of bark there but it was pushing down the fence and the dog about Max's size jumped on the bark and then in and out of my yard. The two little one's can climb through the fence and Max can't. I can't spell Chauawa but there were two tiny one's and they slipped right through the fence. They were scared to death of Max. He's big compaired to them. lol
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 am
Max is loving all that space, isn't he? :-D :) :)

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:07 pm
Max looks like he's having a great time in his new home! I have to ask....what is that black thing up in the trees? If it were still Halloween, I would think it was a witch on a broomstick!!!! :) :) :)

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 pm
Well StampySmurf; I'm not quite sure what you are talking about with the black thing in the tree. If your talking about the Cedar tree in the front yard over the house. It's just a funny looking growth on that tree. Other than that all I see is a group of leaves that look like they could be something. I always laugh this time of year. The army base I am working at when you get out tword where all the shooting happens. There is always lots of little white plastic bags in the tops of the trees. Today I went out there to find a machine and saw 37 of them. I know that there are actually thousands of them but I can only see what is near the road. My guess is when the army people go out to practace there is a little plactic bag in their lunch boxes and the wind blows them into the trees. Oh today they had a forest fire on the base. It burned over 600 acres. Thats a ton of land. At times I had trouble breathing.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm
The more I look at that pic. I can see what could be mistaken for a witch. I will see if I can get a closeup of that tree tomorrow. I knew it looked weird when I first saw it. Close up it looks like a christmas tree growing in the top of a cedar tree. lol
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 pm
Hope you are breathing better! It's the 3rd picture. It's of Max in your backyard and the black thing is up above on the left side of the picture. Maybe it's just the way the limbs are crossing each other???

Postby bwalters » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 pm
I guess its just the limbs. I didn't put up any decorations. You couldn't see them in the back yard from the front anyway. No I am actually breathing worse. They finally got the fire out on post after between 1200 and 1500 acres burned. Most of the morning the smoke was everywhere, and I was right out where it was. I could see a couple hundred yards, but one lady said she could only see two cars in front of her. The smoke has finally drifted to my house some 15 miles away. It is light but still smells. As for Max and the back yard. Today is his third day to go out in it. The first time he investigated it. But the last two days he goes out there then wants to go in the front yard. Silly dog. I guess if I keep taking him out there he will figure it out.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 pm
:) :) :)

It's a dog thing....my dogs can go everywhere, except too far in the front which is too close to the highway...guess, where their favorite place to go is :banghead:

As a result they are spending most of their time in the kennel again. I was thinking about getting those invisible fences, but don't think I can afford them.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 am
I had one of those fences that arn't invisable. I think I paid $150 for it. Probibly the best thing is the shock collars. You can train them for lots of things with those. Don't know how much they cost. After awhile you can even take them off and just show it to them and they know not to do certain things.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:08 pm
Well I got my first gas bill today. $25.31 not too bad. I have a gas furnace but it has been turned off.I have a gas water heater and stove. I bought two infrared electric heaters. They do quite well, and are very safe. My electric bill was $150 for about a month. I was leaving a few outside lights on because I was used to a town that was not so nice. But I stopped leaving them on about a week ago. I also was leaving all the lights on while unpacking because I kept walking from room to room.
Mr Bill
Page 3 of 3

Login