Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:16 pm
Hi All; Today I got a call from the company that I have been working with. He asked me If I could come down and chat with him. He offered me a position with the company permantly. Whoo Hoo. We still have about a week of work to put the machines together for the Army base and when that is done he will decide wether he wants me where I am or I have to move down there. I have lived in both places and liked them. I will get a company car and fleet cars (gas and repairs). Insurance. A 401k with company matching up to 3%. 3 weeks vacation/sick time. In 34 years I think I have had maybe 5 sick days, and haven't taken a vac it 25 years. Everyone says I need to take vac. I just ask why? I hate weekend. Oh don't get me wrong I don't mind the rest. But really I love to go to work.
Mr Bill

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:01 pm
That's great news Bill! :cheers: Well done you! :) :)

Postby André » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:55 am
Great news and good luck with your new job Bill!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 am
Congrats Bill! Way to go. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:37 am
Fantastic news, Bill...I know it's still hard to find a job at the moment and this must be a huge relieve to you. I have a friend who has been looking for a new job for 18 months now and just can't seem to find one.

What to do during your days off?
That easy to answer, Bill...hunt for smurfs :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:06 am
Thanks everyone. Yes Moey it is a big relief to find a job. I have only been off for about a week. Alto I lost my job 3 months ago. I didn't have a car so I had to go buy one. Once I had that done I started looking. Three days of that and I was working, but I didn't have a real job. I was just working with the company that hired me. We ran out of work for the last week. But should get more machines in this week. I start monday, but not sure what exactly I will be doing.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:39 pm
I'm really pleased for you Bill :cheers: I hope you enjoy your new job.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:16 pm
Thanks Tojo; I have been working with them for 3 months but they just offered me a real job friday. I have enjoyed the last three months, so I'm sure I will enjoy the rest of my time.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:22 am
well done Bill!

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:36 am
Congrats on the new job Bill! :D

Postby Schildkoete » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:54 pm
Hi Bill,

good to hear that you found
the new job Bill!

I´m very happy for you.
:turtle: Ingo :D

Postby bwalters » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:59 pm
Thanks Ingo; I must say today was my third day. I spent all day monday setting up new copiers. Yesterday I took a printer about 45 miles set it up and brought the old one back. Today I worked on one old copier I have never seen before, but fixed it. The took to power supplies for computers back to the same place I went yesterday. Put them in the computers, and checked them out. BTW I don't really work on computers. But I do know quite a lot about them. Just about anyone with a screwdriver can replace the parts. Just gotta know what parts need repacing. lol
Mr Bill

Postby Tintin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:22 am
Hi

Seems you are having a great time.
Nice it worked out so well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tintin

Postby bwalters » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 am
Thanks Tintin; I really love my job. It does have it's moments, but for the most part it's great. I constantly get to meet new people,and visit again with one's I've already met. Every day theres alway something diffrent.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:05 pm
Today they informed me I would be running the Ft Leonard Wood job. I am so happy. I love my home town and have a lot of friend here. But I wanted the Ft wood job. I was told to start looking for a place to live down there. I went there today. A lot of the people have retired or moved on but I ran into about 20 people that I knew. Only went to 8 offices in one building. So I'm sure there are ton's more that I know still left.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:27 pm
That's great that you got the job that you wanted Bill. Is it far away from where you live now?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login