Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:48 pm
Hi All; Don't yell at me if this doesn't work. I was talking to a lady yesterday. Somehow our conversation got to killing bugs. She said she uses Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed with water in a spray bottle. She said do make suds with it just squirt or pour some in and stir it slightly. It Kills them fast according to her.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:00 pm
It should help against most bugs...I've used to put it on my veggie garden (when I had time to have one) and it did help against certain bugs. Unfortunately it didn't keep Japanese beetles away though... :banghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:07 pm
She said it kills wasps pretty much on contact. I will believe that when I see it. She also said it kills fies which I hate more than wasps. I don't really hate wasps I just steer clear of them.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 pm
:) :)

The wasps seem to love it on my back porch, so I have become pretty good at going after them with an old shoe...or any shoe for that matter.

I don't have a problem with flies...probably because Mogli likes them to supplement his protain intake 8)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 pm
I bought a house 7 mile west of town in 1989 the first year we had flies by the 10 of thousands maybe more. I bought a case of the sticky strips we used them in less than a month I think there was 80 of them in the case. Late in the summer my Step son woke my wife and I up at 3am or so saying he thought a freight train hit the house his bedroom walls were movinig back and forth. I got up and went outside 11 pieces of siding and many shingles were missing from the roof. I had to reside the house and replace the roof. I found a section about a foot and 1/2 long that when I removed the first piece of siding there were thousand of flies on the piece I took off and the wall that remained. I had never seen anything like it. We killed as many of them as we could with 4 of us with bug spray. Next piece I took off the same thing and so on for all the 10 or so pieces that were there. Next year we hardly had any flies.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 am
Yikes! That sounds like a scene from a horror movie!!! That many flies would freak me out!

Postby bwalters » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 pm
I'm a firm believer that every fly you kill in April eliminates 1,000,000 in August. That could even be higher. I forget the life span of a fly but it is not much more than a week or so. I was actually thinking I read 48 hours.
P.S.
We actually had just as many lighting bugs. You couldn't walk more than a hundred feet and you were covered in them.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login