Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby paolo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 pm
After having just bought all the Peanuts daily and Sunday strips in both original and Italian languages, I found on ebay these 3 flash cards decks.
There exist also a 4th set (the one alone in the picture).

Is there someone in the US who knows where these cards could be sold?

Thanks!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:37 pm
I wonder if second hand comic stores would have them :-?

Other than that I'd say ebay is your best bet. Fleamarkets might be another place to look for them although you see more Disney stuff on there than anything else (actually it's mostly Disney and Star Wars) :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 pm
I am not quite sure where I think I saw them or some like them. We have a store called Ann's teacher's store. If anyplace has them she does. I will see what I can do about stopping there tomorrow. I never know when I will be in town for lunch. Last time I was there I was working on a fax machine. I feel like a kid when I go there. There are ton's of item's like that there.
Mr Bill

Postby paolo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Postby bwalters » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:27 pm
I went by Ann's teacher store today. They didn't have them. They had a ton of other flash cards but not those. I will kept my eyes open though I see stuff like that all the time.
Mr Bill

Postby paolo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:16 am
No problem, I set up a search on ebay, so if they pop out I'll see them!

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:39 pm
There is a teacher store around me as well so I will keep an eye out for them, Paolo. If I have any luck, I'll let you know :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby paolo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:38 pm
I gave up on them, but I found a seller who has some interesting Peanuts regular poker playing cards but he is not willing to send them to Italy, stating that it is forbidden.

Looking through the USPS regulations, it is true: there is a list of items that are forbidden (among others there are "Playing cards of any kind" and also "Ribbons for typewriters" and "Toys not made wholly of wood" - why?) but in various previous occasions I bought and the cards have arrived wthout problems.

So, is there someone it the US who is willing to take this risk (just kidding) and send them to me after I tell the seller to send them to you in the US?

Thanks.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:08 pm
Thank goodness smurfs are not toys.. :)

You can have him ship the cards to me, Paolo :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby paolo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:24 am
Thanks, I'll let you know but the seller is a little *#@! because he only wants to ship to recorded paypal addresses. :x

Postby bwalters » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 am
Have it sent to one of us that has a recorded address then we can ship to you. That may cost a little more but you can get your items.
P.S. what I did to get my addres confirmed was talk to someone at Paypal. They in turn sent me a letter with a confirmation Number on it. When I submited that number then I was confirmed.
Mr Bill

Postby paolo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 am
No, I have a confirmed address too, but they only ship to the confirmed address of the person who wins the auction, so they told me I cannot ask them to send the items somewhere else. :x
So, I will try to find the same object from a more understanding seller.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:04 pm
If the auction isn't over yet, send me a link via pm and also your max bid and I bid for you :D

I have a confirmed address as well :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby paolo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 pm
Thanks for the offer, but I prefer not to give it to the seller, who has relisted the object (it's a buy it now) with a higher price! :x
Page 1 of 1

Login