Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:07 pm
Hi all

Just a quick note to say I have uploaded my three movies to youtube so anyone who has had problems before watching them may find the streaming player better.

Be sure to rate them as there are some people who are un-enlightened by the smurfs and need them in their lives.

I will probably publish any future videos this way as it saves on my storage and traffic as well as looking better.

Alien
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbfVOi4fqEc

Batsmurf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE4JsF6NZQ8

Lord of the Smurfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvs45oKThI

enjoy
Daryl :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:32 pm
Hi Daryl,

I am going to have a look in a minute. I'm still waiting for the other one to download so I'm glad you got it on You Tube. I'm on broadband and the other takes forever to download.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Just watched the Lord of the Smurfs. Its great. I love the Xena quip lol :) Its a little hard to hear. I bumped up the volume to full bore but still had trouble hearing it.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:48 pm
Yes I know.. its been a running problem with my PC. When I got it, it had a built in sound card and the speakers that work on all my other machines were so fait I was really disappointed. I have tried different device drivers with no luck, so I got some whiz bang speakers and they work great. Then with the microphone, I was rather disappointed at how muffled it was. So I grabbed my microphone from my work laptop (it works great with skype etc) and it was no better. I have been itching to take the work laptop home so I could do the audio recordings but I'm not sure how the bosses would take to me loading "non-work software" on it and taking it home for "non-work" purposes. If I didn't put on a smurf voice (and if I dropped the kiwi accent) then I'm sure I would be a little clearer.. but then no one would want to listen :-) At this point in time I'm not sure how I'm going to get around it.

Postby bradley » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 pm
wow, these videos are very creative. well done! Must have taken quite a bit of work to complete. Really enjoyed them.

Brad.

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:44 am
Hi Daryl, I have seen a couple of them but I will certainly go and check them out on YouTube as I LOVE that site. The only problem is I can spend hours laughing on there. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:50 pm
Thanks again folks

They have taken about six weeks for all three so far but they are getting quicker to do. Although I keep experimenting and pushing the software.

I tend to look for new challenges, so they all add to the previous steps. I guess they would be a big task if I had to start from something I wasn't prepared for (eg having to make the smurfs for each scene, set up scenery etc).

I'd hate to have to attempt a feature length movie... after all this time the smurfs performances are all rather stiff. :-)
:o

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:36 am
Great stuff, Daryl :-D

You're very clever :clap:

My daughter loved BatSmurf :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Kristy Smurf » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 pm
good movies daryl i liked Batman.
:carrots: :no: Kristy :yes: :dancing:

Postby Margaret » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:40 am
Wow Daryl you did an amazing job with your movies !!! :-D
I also liked the Batsmurf movie !! :D

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:41 am
Sorry Daryl, i am a bit late noticing this !

Ok, can i just say................ :shock: :shock:

You have done a brilliant job :clap: :clap: :clap:

:-D :beer:

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:19 am
Thanks peoples :-).. your support is always appreciated.

I hope to start production on my next movie in the coming weekend. I have got my hands on some very cool peices of software that have allowed me to do green screen, changing speeds, playing backwards, picture in picture, digitizing areas and some very whizzy affects. Hopefully I will get to drop some of them in without being to distracting. The only down side is the more toys I get to use the slower production becomes... but then I think this should be worth it. :-)

adios
Daryl

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:05 am
HI Daryl

thanks so much for the U tube links! I've never seen Smurf movies

or tv shows so this will be a treat!

that software sounds decadent! and fun! you must be thrilled!

I can't wait to see what film wonders you may produce!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:49 pm
Great movies, Daryl!

Your squeaky smurf voice just wouldn't be the same with an American accent....

I think we Americans got the bum deal in the accent business.... :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:
Page 1 of 1

Login