Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:18 am
Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that both the German smurf boards have been closed and will be shut down in a few days.

@Rachel: Could you remove those links on the Blue Imps page then, please?

Postby Rachel » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:24 am
Hi Dominique, Thanks for letting us know. I will keep an eye and as soon as they go I shall get those links sorted. :-D

It is a shame to hear though. I haven't been checking them out for a while but I know the last time I spoke to George he wasn't so happy about the board and the way it was going. :???:

Thanks again Dom. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:24 pm
Hi, Dominique!!!!!!!It is hard to undersatnd with all the german collectors over there!!!!!!!! :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:29 pm
I think, he got tired of getting rid of those spammers......and that board has been very quiet for a while now....but I agree it's a pity...I never posted on it but it had interesting information in it :(
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:35 am
...my 5 cents.. (or maybe 10 cents)

-The board was not organized in categories, so first of all no sorting out between fun, collecting, ebay....
-You can write on this board with any account, so everybody can do that
-it was only a "german" board, so a lot more smurfs collector are existing can talk English (a little bit) compared to german collectors
-My dear Ösi itself was not actively particpating on this baord anymore and a board without some leadership will vanish

BUT overall...it's shame and it was my first smurfy board I wrote some posts so I will miss it.... But except smurfoli, myself and some other people no collector were writing anything...

RIP

Postby Simon X » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:36 am
If there had been a good German smurf-board, I might not have joined to this board...But it was no mistake..! :)

I posted there only a few times because there are no categories, everbody can post and there are less users - as Cheesy said already. Recently they started to argue, the amount of spammers spread and it became more and more inactive. So I wasn't surprised that it was closed now.

Postby paolo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:39 am
Maybe banning the users who didn't behave correctly would have been better.

Postby Simon X » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 am
Maybe banning the users who didn't behave correctly would have been better.
But everybody, member or not, was allowed to post...So they had to allow only registered members to post, but then the board would have become more inactive... :???:

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:08 am
Whenever I looked at the board most of the posters were just bitching!! There didn't seem to be any friendliness there & if someone asked a question they mostly received an unfriendly or stupid answer :angry:

This is the place to be :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:16 am
I remember seeing you over there Cheesy :D

It's a shame it has to go as I met some nice people on that forum who were great to chat to and especially to Dirk who tracked down the Portugal variation of the Normal Smurf which I will never forget.

I hope it can transform into something new and more friendlier for everyone

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:17 am
Whenever I looked at the board most of the posters were just bitching!! There didn't seem to be any friendliness there & if someone asked a question they mostly received an unfriendly or stupid answer :angry:

I fully agree with you, Tojo. I posted only a few times on that particular German, before I noticed that it was nothing, but lacking kindliness and very dull. :(

That's why I joined bluecavern. :) Never did I think, I could find so many friends. :grouphug:

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:21 am
I never went on those boards, i wish i knew what they were now :-?

Good to know everyone is happy here :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Simon X » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:52 am
I just visited the forum again to see the members of this forum having posted there... :-D

And I had to laugh at this English-German-mix...(sorry, Dyar... :) ;) )

Ich am a reasonably new collector (since Oct 2003) but one of the reasons that Ich continue zu collect ist that ich get zu meet great people around the world which ist a real bonus mit this hobby.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:00 am
Oh no Simon....you had to bring my Genglish up :) :) :)

I have learnt a little more since then......but I was at least trying to fit in so no one knew I was an outsider......me thinks they had a pretty good idea I wasn't from Germany though :) :) :)

Dyar

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:01 am
:haha:
That was funny guys!!! Thanks for making me smile!!! :-D
ChunkMasterMC :music:

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:41 am
Nice one Dyar and Simon :) :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:01 am

Thanks Tojo. :hug:

As I mentioned, I did used to visit these boards quite regularly and I think at first, they were very useful for discussing smurfs but I agree, I never really found the boards very friendly. I always put it down to collectors trying to keep only "serious" discussions going which is fine but when the "bitching" started I didn't visit as often as I really can't be bothered with all of that. :???:

Hopefully George (Osi Schlumpf) can find a home somewhere else as he really is a great guy and has done so much for the hobby of smurf collecting. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:11 am
Here, here!! And his custom made smurfs are incredible :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pitufo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:36 pm
Here, here!! And his custom made smurfs are incredible
I agree, Tojo!!!!!!This is my nephews favourite smurfy site!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN
Postby Oesi-George » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:36 pm
Hello everybody!

I finally registered to this board and this is my first posting here!

Thanks to (me old friend :-) Rachel for inviting me to do so.

I have not been active in the smurf comunity for about 2 years now. To be honest, I lost my interest in smurf collecting a bit, because after my collection was more or less complete, there was not much new to discover in the smurf world. Plus I was (and still I am) very busy in my job and with my family, so I don't have much spare time left to do any more homemade smurfs or update my website or ... write stuff in a smurfy bulleting board ...

This brings me back to the topic of this tread. The announcement that "both German forums" are shut down now. To be honest I did not even know that there also was a second one :-) The board that I originally started is the "Ultimative Schlumpfforum".

I have to admit, I was never really happy with it, because it did not turn out as I planned. Back in 2003 my idea was to make a common bulletin board for all German smurf collectors homepages. By that time it was about 10 German homepages and 8 of them agreed that we should all start this board together. The idea was to have a place where you can ask DIFFICULT questions about smurfs and you get an answer from other collectors with a lot of experience in smurf collecting. But as it turned out only me and 2 other collectors (with homepages) were active on this board. Apparently a lot of people were reading the board, but only very few were writing something there. I war quite dissapointed with the German smurf collectors. Apparently they love to keep their knowledge to themselves and don't let anybody else know what they know.

Also I never figured out what you can do against too much arguing on the board. I did not want "censorship" because I thought that it would only help the fake sellers on Ebay, if I delete too much. But I know that the unfriendly tone offended some.

So in the last 2 years I did not post on the board myself. I only deleted Spam, and more Spam, and even more Spam .... SPAM, SPAM, SPAM (reminds me about a Monty Python song)

... well anyway. I decided to close the board. Because I found it useless. But in the last couple of days a receives some e-mails from people asking me to open it again. I have no idea what they expect from this board, and why they even bother ... but anyway ... I just opened it again and changed the setting that only registred members can post there. That may keep spammers away.

But I don't really think that this change the old problem that nobody writes about any interesting stuff there. So I think that in the future, if I find the time I will read what's new on this board and post here every now and then. This board is much better than mine and I guess the main reason is that here we have people behind who devote a lot of their time to the board and are very active. I guess that makes the difference.

Keep up the good work!

Well ... I guess I should finish this posting now. Hello to everybody who is still here and reads my posting to the end without falling asleep :-)
George
(Ösi-Schlumpf)

www.interfool.at/schluuumpf
Page 1 of 2

Login