Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 2 of 2

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:08 pm
Excellent work Rachel.. a smurfy white xmas..

Its ***very hot*** over here and hit 30+degrees yesterday and last night was a mission getting the house cool enough to sleep. Now that Rachel has loaded the new smurfy xmas logo, a cloud has gone over the sun now and a cool breeze is coming in the office, so the smurf snow seems to be working.

very cool

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:15 pm
Very smart Rachel

:xmas3:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:20 pm
wow Rach that looks fab all it needs now is a snowman smurf. LOL :)
great job well done. :-D :-D
Merry xmas all
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Rachel » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:22 pm
Thanks guys. :D

Daryl, I can't imagine what it would be like to have a hot Christmas but it is so good talking to you all from around the world as it certainly reminds me how different all our lives are regarding weather. :-D

I am assuming those members on fast cable or broadband connections are having no problems with the snowing logo. I know it is taking an age for us as we are on a sloooooooow connection so if there are problems out there with it not working for people, please let me know and I can always change to to a faster loading static one. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Yonna » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:23 pm
WOW! Everything looks absolutely great! I love the snowflakes.
It's a shame a missed the get together time. I totally forgot and couldn't have been online even if I had remembered. Has anyone ever taken pictures of forum's looks? It would be nice to see how everything looked earlier years.
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:23 pm
Well I am here. I am half asleep still but I am here LOL. Nice banner, Rachel. :D Works fine for me.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:32 pm
Rachel

Its snowing on the logo more than the snow we'll get here i expect

:xmas3:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:10 pm
Sorry i'm late :???:

Banner looks beautiful Rachel & Karen :D

If we only had snow here at christmas 8)

Raelene
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Gerda » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:07 pm
I can send you guys some snow. We got about 2 inches last night and they are not predicting it will melt any time soon so it looks like we will have a white christmas :-D :-D Add to that I have been bakeing cookies all day and the house smells like Christmas cookies it has been a pretty nice day :cheers:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm
Sorry I'm late....but I have a note from my Mummy :-?

Very nice graphic Rach. I think this one is a lot nicer than last year with the snow falling. Nothing like a Christmassy feel to the forum as we head to the best time of year (i.e. pressies, holidays & hot weather...I can't wait to build my first sandman of the season).

I hope everyone is getting there Christmas shopping done. I have almost finished....just have to get the pressies for everyone except me now. :D

Merry Nearly Christmas guys :cheers:

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:32 pm
I can send you guys some snow. We got about 2 inches last night and they are not predicting it will melt any time soon so it looks like we will have a white christmas :-D :-D Add to that I have been bakeing cookies all day and the house smells like Christmas cookies it has been a pretty nice day :cheers:
Never mind the snow Gerda....but I think we would all like some of those cookies.

Nice to hear you will have a white Christmas.....I hope Tam has her shovel checked and ready to go again.

We have the Christmas Carols in the Park tonight so I will be taking Jack up there so I can probably chase him around the park again as he tries to hang out with the teenagers on the fringes who are trying to camouflage what they are really smoking. Last year I carried him while we bulldozed a few small kids trying to catch Santa with his lolly bags that he was handing out to all of the kids......full report later tonight......hoping to actually meet one of the Carols tonight as I didn't get to last year.

Dyar in der Choir

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:59 pm
Wow, I forgot: it's like the dead of summer in Australia, isn't it?

I wish I still lived in Chicago (on the Wisconsin border, Gerda's territory). Though the 2000 snow still haunts me... ever experienced the time-delay effect at stoplights in heavy traffic during a blizzard?

When the light is Green, nobody goes. But, after it turns red, everybody slinks forward five cars before stopping again (usually stopping to wait for two cycles of the light before getting to move again).

It takes two and a half hours to drive eight miles! (Granted, in Chicago, the norm in good weather is an hour and a half for eight miles...) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:20 pm
I just watched the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" last night and I think I now fear snow....it looked scary :shock:

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:46 am
Sorry, I couldn't be there last evening. Fab graphic, Rachel, very very nice.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Gerda » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:29 am
ever experienced the time-delay effect at stoplights in heavy traffic during a blizzard?
:
People are driving like that around here lately again. Why is it every year after the first snow fall people act like it is the first time they have seen snow?? :-? It's like they forgot how to drive.. It's crazy.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 am
Hi all and Thanks for the nice comments. I am glad everyone likes the Xmas look. :ctree:

It was nice seeing so many members on here at the same time and a special Thanks to all those members who had to get up extra early or stay up that bit later to be here. :grouphug:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:28 pm
Hi Rachel , great job on the graphics ! They look really cool :D Lucie & Simon

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:32 pm
hi Rachel!

I love the snowflakes and the holly! your Christmas banner is SUPERB!

and so festive!!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:07 am
Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday night! I was still on the road coming back from Centre Park: we had our company xmas due in the Elveden Forest one), and then thought we took a short drive to Hunstanton... which actually wasn't a short drive at all! But hey we had a walk on the beach at least and the weather was perfect! Oh and 2 nights without the kiddies... (Heaven!)...

Great graphics! Luuuuuuuvvvvv it!
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:03 pm
Looks great Rachel, only just managed to view it ! All week ive been saying to myself " what can everyone see that i cant ? "

Now i know ! Im very impressed !

Well done !

:-D :beer:
Page 2 of 2

Login