Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:34 pm
We have had some odd members joining the forum who are putting links to strange looking websites in their profile. Ian pm'd me about this and said something about clicking the link made you dial an international call or something. I'd already decided I didn't like the look of it because I did click the link and it said something about tracking my IP address. I immediately ran a spyware and virus scan and there were no problems there.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, something similar has happened tonight, someone has just added a different user name but it ended in .de just like the other one. I have deleted it and made sure I didn't click anything.

Message to this person registering these names. If you are a genuine person wanting to join then I would appreciate it if you would post immediately after registering and explain why you have strange websites in your profile that appear to be a security risk.

To all our other members, please do not click website links in new members profiles until I have cleared up what this is all about.

Message to our mods, please delete any new members joining who have odd looking user names, these are ones that look like web addresses generally. If this continues I will have to make it that people cannot obtain automatic membership and have to email us first.

Message to scammers, trouble makers, etc. We have a fish on board here that you don't want to mess with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:39 pm
I'm on it, K :fish: :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby steveparkes » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:07 am
I'll keep an eye out Karen..I've had similar things on my guestbook on my website..somone put a series of dots after their name and I didn't notice at first that they were links to some medication sites and dodgy car auctions..I deleted it, but they keep coming back :angry:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Fram » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:13 am
I'll keep an :eye: out for it.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:58 am
:bath: :pic: I have my spy camera ready :D
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:46 pm
I hope they aren't in the bath then Attom...lol :shock:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:48 am
Let's get frying! :cool: :cool:
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:16 am
Ok we are having more problems with spammers registering on this board. Please do not click links in new members' signatures. Don't you just wish some people would get a life? :-?
Page 1 of 1

Login