Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:37 am
Grrr... I've just been told the Smurfs weren't on the shipment that just came in. :banghead:

They are reordering them and are quoting another 5 weeks delivery. I'm sorry everyone who is waiting for them. I will keep you updated. :(

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:05 am
I've just spoken to Plastoy and the news is that the Smurfs are being discontinued. I am supposed to be getting some of what I ordered but I am not sure what. I would advise people to buy elsewhere while stocks are still available. I am trying to find out if the same applies to the Mini Pixi range.

I will let you know as soon as I know anything more.

Sorry. :(

Postby Fram » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:29 am
Bad news, but not your fault Karen. It's no wonder that a company which has such a bad distribution system (at least in the UK) has to stop producing these items. After all, how would they be able to sell any?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:03 am
Definitely not your fault, Karen! I agree with Fram - no wonder Plastoy has to discontinue -- buyers have to beg to get them. I hope they will at least refund your money WITH interest. Those agents basically stole your money in October without delivering the goods :angry:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Okay, all is not lost. They are supposed to be sending me all except for Papa and Angry. I've gone to another supplier and ordered 5 of each of the Papa and Angry smurfs at retail prices. Assuming they don't come back and tell me out of stock then this should hopefully mean that I can still ship a complete set to people who want them.

So if you see the Papa or Angry on ebay then snap them up to be on the safe side. :cheers:

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:25 pm
Oooh glad I got my Papa on ebay last month then :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:19 pm
I think my stock will be gone as soon as it has come in basically anyway because I'm only getting 5 of each and I have 5 takers already (including you and Dyar, Stace).

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:36 pm
That is such sad news, the plastoys are such nice collectibles that it will be a real loss to the hobby with them no longer available. I was really hopeful that there would be more released......... :( :(
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:36 pm
I agree with Rach that this is very bad news but very good of Karen to let us all know. I have been eagerly awaiting these because they look so nice from what I have seen.

I don't think anyone will hold this against you Karen as you are only trying to help us all and we understand that. It does seem like the distributors could learn a thing or two from you though as the service seems really poor.

Thanks for your help Karen and I can't wait to these arrive.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:37 am
Oh gawd... I am now being told they are not sure whether the Plastoys are being discontinued. I will speak to some other dealers and try and make sense of what is going on. :-?

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:43 am
Maybe the company should call themselves Plas-tools.....do they even know their name????

Postby Fram » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:49 am
I posted the link to the plastoys website in another thread today. They still list all the Smurfs as available in their collection, even Papa and angry. :-?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:46 am
Okay well I have just sent an email in French to the contact email address on the main website. What a blinking nightmare. :banghead:

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:53 pm
Hi Karen,

What a nightmare. Thanks for the update Karen. Let us know how you get on.

I'd still rather buy the ones I am missing from you though. Keeping fingers crossed...

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 1 of 1

Login