Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:57 pm
We somehow lost the original thread about the forum problems. We are now getting there, Smurfy Chat is back thanks again to Chris. The emoticons will be done when Rachel gets some spare time. Everything else should be ok.

Any problems you spot please say here. All your comments from earlier disappeared sorry Fram!

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:53 pm
I *think* we are done, emoticons are back to normal. :D

If anyone spots anything that still looks wrong or not working please let us know. :cheers:

Thanks Karen and of course Chris, I haven't been much help today I am afraid as we have been running around like nuts cleaning up the garden as our house will be going on the market for sale his week. Well done guys. :clap: :cheerz: :clap:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:05 pm
The original thread has returned somehow, don't ask me how. Anyway, we have a few mysterious posts popping up and then disappearing again. We think it is the ones made in the middle of the problems and a couple may have been wiped. So if you get a red papa and then you click it and it disappears then it is probably just a little quirk and should go away.

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:44 pm
hi! it seems to be all workin great!!!:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:45 am
Yep, it looks much better now. The colors of the reply screen seem still off, but that's no big deal( might be my memory of course that's wrong). Otherwise I have see no problems yet.
There are indeed one or two of my posts of yesterday missing (as far as I have seen), but never mind, it's not a loss to humanity if they are never found again :)
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:53 am
Yes I noticed the reply screen colours were slightly different. Rachel couldn't remember the exact colours she did before so there may be subtle differences. :)

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:01 am
One thing I noticed, when the forum was 5000 posts short (when Smurfy Chat disappeared) it was much faster. I am going to have a go at pruning (technical term) some of the older posts to free up some of the load!

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:13 am
I also think that a link (a post) you have clicked was another colour (bordeaux? brown?) than it is now (black). Not really important, but the really important things are all solved yet :) :-D

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:18 am
Oh, and the cutoff to start a new page used to be 20 posts, and is now 15 posts :lol:
And the links in the upper right corner where bigger, I think? They seemed to be more visible, if you know what I mean.

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:19 am
And the most users even online has been reset, 8-)
I can now again keep an eye out for record breaking attendances, the current high is 7 users, on the 23rd of january. 8)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:28 am
Next time I lose my car keys I am calling Fram in to do the detective work.....nice observations Fram.....I knew that the forum was blue before if that helps....even light blue to be more precise.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:23 am
LOL Fram you are funny, you notice everything! No wonder you are so good at spotting decent ebay auctions!

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:52 am
Well, I studied Art History, so it's easy to have some visual memory if you do such a thing :)
I think the links in a post are different as well, when you linked anything it was much more visible (light blue?), now it is very hard to discern what is a link and what isn't. This is one thing I would like to see resolved, but it's not that urgent of course, and I understand that Rachel has quite a busy period right now.

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:43 am
I was just looking at my inbox capacity thingy and it said 38% full but the full line is the same colour as this page and the unfull bit is that lighter blue so it looks like the full bit is at the end instead of the front which is weird.

I know I didn't describe that well but hopefully you can figure out what I mean.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:49 pm
Hi guys, Thanks for the input. :D

Inspector Fram :sherlock:

What do you think now? I am terrible at remembering the details, I tend to do what looks good at the time and although I had some of the colours written down, I didn't have all of them. I *think* I have sorted most of the points mentioned. Maybe still a few adjustments - any thoughts? :o
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:05 pm
Thanks, it has more of the old feel now :cheers: Might be a bit off here or there, but nothing that immediately catches my eye. Thanks for the effort!

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:17 pm
A big thank you to Chris, Rachel, Karen....I think even Fram should get a credit here for their work on getting our board back....I wouldn't know what to do if this board was no longer around.....I might have to actually start getting fit again :shock:

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login