Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Lia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:25 am
I just read that Maureen died 2 days ago. I think, we can all be thankful for all her smurfy posts and info on Blueimps. RIP Moey!!

Lia
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:04 am
Terrible, terrible news Lia......

Like I said to you, working as a Cardiologist, I see death most days, but this shocked me

Hope her family and her beloved animals are all ok

She adored collecting and was central to this forum

Tragic death

Martin
Postby Arno » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 am
Yes, it is a very sad news. She had been the heart of Blue cavern during a long time.
Let's hope she has found another blue cavern.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:29 am
For me Maureen will always hold a special a place in my life, as it was first through her website that I discovered someone else who had a passion for collecting smurfs.

From this it was introducing me to the Blue Cavern Forum website which showed me once again the passion for others collecting smurfs. It was not just their passion but their ability to share their latest discovery or their opinion about smurfs that I found and still find very welcoming.

Maureen also introduced me to the SCCI letters. Before this I had never heard this club and I now love to read each letter carefully to ensure I haven't missed anything.

Her valuable insight and her ever caring nature for others, will be sadly missed amongst collectors around the world. It has been a real honour to have known her.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Tommo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:02 am
This is such sad news. So really sad. And so young as well. RIP Maureen.
Postby bradley » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:46 am
So very sad to hear that Maureen has passed. Such an important member of the Smurf community for so many years. Amazing smurfy friend. She will be missed... its really hard to believe... but she will always be remembered. I really miss the early days of this forum. The community... the active posts... the new discoveries... sharing information... when smurfs felt like it was the only thing that mattered in the world. Spent hours every day on here excited to chat and see what was going on. I haven't been on these forums for quite a few years. I guess life changes... growing up... you become busy... work... relationships.. have other collecting interests... loose some interest in smurfs... oh and adult life WHY!! Plus enter facebook which is great for smurf groups but i don't use them for smurfy chat the way i used to love to here.... pre-facebook this forum was the only way to connect with other like-minded mad smurfaholics. Its sad that times change and we can't go back to a simplier time. Anyway I'm just reflecting on the hobby with this sad news and the impact Maureen has had especially with the early days here and continuing through facebook groups. I only just mailed her a parcel full of smurfs back in April... again hard to believe. So strong and brave.... May you rest in peace Maureen.
Postby paolo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:08 pm
I express my deepest condolences... we had many trades in the past and she was always a great person.
It is a huge loss for those who knew her
Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:45 pm
I've only just read this & am finding it hard to come to terms with. I've traded with Maureen many times over the years, helping her to get smurfs from Europe & she helping me to get smurfs from the US. We chatted about her German heritage, where she lived out in the country, her dogs. She had a lot of setbacks due to her illness but it always seemed that she'd overcome the odds. And now this. Very sad news. Moey will be sorely missed.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby Knight_Smurfyheart2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:51 am
I am deeply devasted. :( :( :( :( Moey was such a wonderful person and Manfred and me will keep her in our hearts forever. She was one of the very first persons, I got in touch with here. I sincerely hope, she's reunited with her Paulchen. :( :( :(
I wasn't able to login for years, thanks to my mother, who tried to kill me in the end.
(I may post a longer version sometime later, if only I get my former account (Ritter_Schlumpfenherz) back. Yep, she and her b***** flying monkeys eventually hacked all my e-mail accounts. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I learned the hard way about things I didn't want to learn, e.g. about parentification, gaslighting. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :argue:

This also prevented me to sign up to FB.

I really miss you guys and I would love to talk to you again.

Love,
Dominique
Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:19 am
Oh dear God! This is so sad and I can't believe it! :( :( :( :( :(
Hope she didn't suffer and that she's happy where ever she is now.

RIP

Dominique!
I'm so happy to hear from you again! I was so worried. I thought they had gone with you! Guess my fear wasn't unfunded (unfortunately, cause you deserved so much more!)
Hope you are now long away from them and that they can't hurt you ever again.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...
Postby Knight_Smurfyheart2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:30 am
Well,

my mum stole away many things including important documents and most of my cherished music collection and tried hard to take away "the little blue bastards"!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now she's happy with a millionaire, whose family believe that I should be thankful for my mum was just the best thing their dad could get. Their even claim they know her so much better than me!!! :eek: :shock: :angry:

I am preparing a lawsuit against her.

She stole my items, but she cannot take away my dignity .

After a long bout of struggling, I went to Oxford, was happy to attend a talk of one of my most favourite music artists (Jean-Michel Jarre) in London and finally passed my Cambridge Certificate. :-D

Not so much later, I started giving English lessons to pupils. A thing that my mum wouldn't allow me to do for ages!!!
Postby CuriousSmurf » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 am
I feel bad that I never had a chance to interact with Maureen. I have read her old posts and she was a wealth of both smurf information and human kindness. It has been touching to read all of these tribures to her.

Dominique, just wanted to add that I am sorry for your family hardships. It really sucks when the very people who should be the first to support and love you end up being so toxic instead.
Postby Knight_Smurfyheart2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:17 am
@CuriousSmurf: I highly appreciate your very kind words. Well, my mum turned out to have various personal disorders:
HPD, NPD, BPD, DPD... .She needs to see a psychiatrist, but her "new family" call her an innocent angel.

For 34 years I was pretending, that I was the fool, but I was totally wrong. She's really a devil in disguise.

I wasn't aware of all these issues, until she almost stabbled me to death. I was not allowed to call the police, for she was using the phone as a hammer to my head, leaving me almost unconscious.

She tried to steal my money from my bank account and my CEF as well, just because her suitor wanted to have a very expensive kitchen (50.000€) and a sportscar, which he "deserved so much" (using his words).

I was allowed to call my dad only, so that he could pick up at our place. To this day, she still claims that I left her and broke her heart. (Yet, she didn't stick to what the lawyer advised her to do and her then suitor wrote down a letter, which she copied and pasted, because she was so in love with that man... .I received the letter only two hours before my final written exam. Bet you can imagine, that I was unable to sit for that exam.)

Her beloved "flying monkeys" stole away my Email accounts and my passwords, incl. my Wikipedia editor account.
Postby Tommo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:27 am
That sounds absolutely horrendous Dominique, glad to hear you are out of that situation.
Tommo
Postby Knight_Smurfyheart2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 am
Well, I was also forced to sign a letter from her lawyer stating out that my mum won't support me with cold calls and a knive.

I was often told, that I had a right of financial replacements due to "Pain and suffering" and what my mum did to me falls under fraud, theft etc. Additionally my dad could claim what she committed abuse of power and abuse of spousal support.

So there you go.
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:20 pm
Hi Dominique,

I don't know you, but I have total empathy for your sad situation.

However, I think posting this acutely painful personal problem in this topic, when we are discussing Maureen's tragic early death, isn't right.

It might be better to continue this in a new topic, or better still, a private email

Hope things improve for you

BW

Martin
Postby Knight_Smurfyheart2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 am
@Martin: I see your point. I am still shocked about Moey's passing.

I have been trying so often to get access to my old account, but I was unable to do so.
Postby smurfysmurfsmama » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:21 pm
Hi, I am Maureen's mother. Thank you for your kind words. She was a fighter and wanted to live much longer. But she went peaceful in her own home. I take care of the pets and yes, smurfs. Still try to figure out what to do with them. They probably will have to move to my house, which is next door. So if anyone is interested in them (or some) please let me know. I moved into her house to the cat and kept her phone number. Missing her badly.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm
Hello Maureen’s,

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to us all at Blue Cavern. Before Maureen’s passing away she asked me to become administrator of the forum. At that point I had no idea she was that sick but it just goes to show that Maureen was wanting to ensure that the forum would be looked after in her absence.

I would be interested in some of her smurfs but I will send you a private message to discuss further. Maureen’s contribution to this forum has been significant and her website is a real treasure chest of information. As her mother you must be awfully proud of how many people she touched with her passion for the smurfs.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Page 1 of 1

Login