Home of the Smurf Community

Information about the community.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Rachel » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:55 pm
As Christmas is fast approaching I think we are almost ready to get Christmased Up here on the forum. As I missed our local town's Santa Parade and Christmas Lights switching on I thought why not have our own Christmas Lights (Logo) Switching on here. If we announce a time for some point tomorrow we can all arrange to log in at the same time and watch Christmas start together. Plus, it would fun to see how many people we can get on the board at the same time.

I am thinking tomorrow (Sunday) evening, probably the later the better for time zones, but not too late for Europe and work on Monday morning.

What do you guys think? Good idea or not?

Update: So far we are looking at 10.00pm GMT Sunday. Any comments or questions, post below. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:00 pm
I like it! :shocked: :sun: :flower: :rednose:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:19 pm
Sounds cool Rachel...just give me a time or how many hours away from a new post and I will try to be there too.

Dyar...the halls with bells of holly

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:35 pm
So we know what time we are all at here is a good website

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:08 pm
Thanks Karen, that's a great idea to post that.

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:15 pm
How does 10.00pm GMT sound to everyone. That means 11.00pm for Europe, 9.00am for Australia, mid to late afternoon for USA & Canada - thats 5.00pm, 3.00pm etc depending on your time zone.

How does that sound?

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:39 pm
Cool - that's 5pm here on the East Coast, USA :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:23 pm
10pm tomorrow! Clocked!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:17 am
Ok 9am tomorrow morning...I will be half asleep so don't expect anything coherent from me....but you guys would be used to taht by now wouldn't you?

Looking forward to catching up with everyone then.

Little Dyar Boy...come they told me
Postby steveparkes » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:41 am
Yep - 10pm...will be here :D

Steve
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Fram » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:57 am
Welcome Zaza! I hope you'll enjoy it here :cheers:

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:29 pm
Only a few hours to go, don't forget 10.00 GMT. :snowdance: :xmas:

Postby Tamtam » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:42 pm
I didn't get to the Sunday Flea Market this morning because of the snow storm and work so here is a little story and a few pics of our first Nova Scotian snow fall.

A few pics I just took to help kick off the Christmas season. It seems that there is no longer such a thing as a dusting of snow. We were blessed with almost a foot and a half instead of the 2 inches predicted. We lost power. Thanks Godness I had a backup battery in my alarm, I had to work at 7am. This is what happened: My alarm went off, I hit snooze to catch a few more minutes sleep. It went off again, I rolled over a couldn't understand why I couldn't see the numbers on the clock then it dawned on me that the power was off. I jumped out of bed in a panic because I didn't want to be late for work. I work in the health industry and there are people who may need me to track down a worker. So I jumped up, looked outside, and said "Sweet love of God, where did all that come from, got dressed, grabbed Tracy's watch to see what the exact time was and then I really panicked. The time read 6:36am. I had exactly 10 minutes to brush my teeth, finish dressing and shovel two tire paths for my car so I could get to work. So I woke Trace up and we ran outside, started the car and shovelled our little hearts out. I jumped in the car (kind of like the way the Dukes of Hazzard guys did it :) ) and started down the road. I turned the heater down and adjusted the radio to get the weather. I looked down and the clock in the car read 5:51am. So I jammed on the brakes and thought that maybe the radio station had lost power over night and their clocks were and hour slow (tells you how lucid I am first thing in the morning). I shook my head and realized that the clock was run entirely by the car battery and had nothing to do with the **!!@#! radio station itself. (Now you now why it's Staci on the Millionaire show and not me :crazy: ) So I started to back the car up to go home and realized that I really shouldn't do that because the road was poorly plowed and I really couldn't see out of my windows and mirrors. So I continued down the road to fine a spot to turn around in and noticed that the local coffee spot had power. I pulled a u-turn in the middle of the slushy road and made my way back up the hill to tell Trace to grab some money because Tim Horton's was open and I need at least a large with milk to function in the morning. So we bought coffee and went for a little drive to see if I had power at work and unfortunately I did. So I drove back home and changed my clothes and finished brushing my and dressing and headed off to work. So I got to work and started checking everyone's voice mail and then the power went out and then my coworker got stuck in the snow bank and had to pay a tow truck $57.00 to pull her out. But on the bright side, Tracy had the driveway pretty well cleaned up by the time I got home. Hope you got a chuckle out of my little story.

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:38 pm
Wow Tam, I am soooo jealous, I LOVE snow. :smitten:
I'm sorry but I did have a laugh when I read your story, I can totally imagine myself doing the same! :rolf:

Great pics as well, Thanks for posting. them. :snowman: :snowing: :snowdance:

Not long to go now, Christmas is coming soon...............

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:41 pm
I wish we got snow like that!!! We always get a miserable sprinkle and lots of ice and slush, although we are supposed to be getting a cold cold winter this year!!

Great story Tam!! And great pics as well! :-D

Postby Fram » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:52 pm
Already 11 of us online, this is going great!

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:03 pm
Hi Tam

I know what you mean about functioning in the morning...I am not exactly worth conversing with the morning because I am all....huh?

It's odd for me to read aboput life in snowy conditions but I enjoyed reading it anyway. I would love to have a white Christmas some day. Our Christmas is always really hot so it's traditional to go for a swim on Christmas day and enjoy the day outside in the warmth...with the flies who come to lunch....lol.

Love the pics too...it's really warm here this morning but they still made me feel chilly.

:D

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:03 pm
Good evening all, I hope we are all ready for Christmas to start. What a fantastic turn out we have got for our Christmas logo festivities.

I am now going to upload our new Christmas logo and a little santa suprise. Please all press ctrl & refresh in about 1 minute, but no sooner...............
Postby steveparkes » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:06 pm
Great story Tam :) ...lovely snow photos too..and Rachel..LOVELY new logo :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Page 1 of 3

Login