Home of the Smurf Community

Trade your smurfs, offer your smurfs for sale, advertise your smurfy wish lists.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pete » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:04 pm
Hey there fellow Smurf-heads!! This is Pete from MushroomVillage.com in the USA with some pretty exciting news!!

I find myself needing to liquidate my Smurfs hoard. Suzanne Lipschitz, founder of the Smurf Collector's Club Intl., passed her club and the SCCI archive and collection years ago, and I added to it a great deal. I believe I have one of the largest and most complete Smurf collections in the USA, so some very rare and desirable pieces will be coming to market!!

I have added a lot of my personal collection to MushroomVillage.com and I've been trying to announce it here, but forgot my password. Sorry, some of the best pieces are already gone, but there is still a ton of goodies.

The great news is that I didn't research current values, but listed everything at the same prices I last sold them at. On top of that, everything was reduced 30%. I just added my extensive collection of MIB Super Smurfs, many Smurf-a-Grams, and raw Smurfs. Many pieces are actual SCCI collection pieces.

More will be added in coming weeks - I still have to add many promos, Musters, error Smurfs, 1 Love NY Smurf, Pop Rocky Smurfs, motorized windmill and a ton more!

I will be announcing this to my mailing list soon, but wanted to announce it here first as I know a lot of serious Smurf collectors hang here, and what I am selling is just the type of stuff you would be interested in.

So come check it out, and if you see anything you want, buy it right away because it won't last - I can't believe how fast things are being snapped up!

http://www.mushroomvillage.com
-Pete

Postby chesneysmurf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:31 pm
Thanks for posting Pete! I will miss visiting/moderating the Mushroom Village board.
Lacey

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:53 pm
Sorry to hear you are selling your collection, Pete :???:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby paolo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:29 pm
Do you have the Christmas prototypes?

Postby Tojo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 pm
I too am sorry to hear about Pete selling up. It's been quite a while since I've visited the website but that was the first forum I found when I began collecting & visited every day during that time. He helped me to complete the marching band set after it had been discontinued for which I am ever grateful :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:56 pm
Hey Pete; Anyway you can add a search box to the Smurfs part. Would make it a lot easier if you just want a certain item.
Mr Bill

Postby Tintin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 am
Hi

Sorry to hear that another one quit............................
Good luck with the sale.

Tintin

Postby Pete » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 am
Thank you all. Please note, I just fixed a bug that was causing everything to show, whether available for sale or not. Now when we do not have an item any longer, the listing is hidden. That change reduced the Smurfs being shown from 52 pages (of in stock and out-of-stock Smurfs mixed together) to 20 pages of Smurfs, all of which are available. The first few people to discover the Smurfs selling out picked up some great pieces at great prices, but there is still a *lot* left, and there will be more.

The site-wide search will bring up specific Smurfs, if we have them. For example, you can search by Schleich #.

No, I don't have the Christmas prototypes - My understanding was there was only one of each?

I do have a lot more stuff that will be going on eBay. I will post here when that happens.

I'm not sure if commercial posts like this (I mean, posts by businesses selling stuff) are OK here (I know they often are not at forums) but I *think* my message was OK, all things considered. I know some serious Smurfers hang here, and that is precisely who would be most interested in a lot of this - I'm sure some of this stuff seldom comes to market these days.

So sorry if I stepped on any toes by posting, but I want my stuff to be appreciated and I think posting here helps make sure that will be the case.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I hung on as long as I could. I bought out all the other US dealers one-by-one, but at this point, I have to throw in the towel too :(

The movie killed me, everyone clicks on my Google ads, costing me money, but they don't buy anything. It's all people looking for a trip down memory lane!
-Pete

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:14 pm
I'm not sure if commercial posts like this (I mean, posts by businesses selling stuff) are OK here (I know they often are not at forums) but I *think* my message was OK, all things considered. I know some serious Smurfers hang here, and that is precisely who would be most interested in a lot of this - I'm sure some of this stuff seldom comes to market these days.

So sorry if I stepped on any toes by posting, but I want my stuff to be appreciated and I think posting here helps make sure that will be the case.
Pete,
your post is not a problem at all and please feel free to post a link to your ebay auctions when they are up.

Being a non-official and non-commercial site, that is privately funded, enables us to allow sellers to advertise their smurfs if they so desire. The only advertisement we do not support is from sellers who will sell fakes but advertise them as genuine rare smurfs. :D

Posts from serious sellers are actually welcomed as we often get questions from collectors who are looking for trust worthy sellers to buy their smurfs from :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pete » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:13 pm
One of the things going on eBay, is my fakes collection. It's a good fakes collection if I don't say so myself! But it will be listed as just that. I accumulated lots of fakes buying out collections through the years, and as some of you know, some fakes are considered very desirable, despite being fakes. I will likely sell all of them in one lot...

I also have every copy of the SCCI newsletters, and the SCCI promo "prototypes." They were sent to Suzanne by Schleich for her approval before producing the run....
-Pete
Page 1 of 1

Login