Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:21 pm
Hi all, a frequent question is:

What is the difference between Bully smurfs and Schleich smurfs?

Basically both Bully and Schleich are companies that have had the license to produce smurfs. Bully hasn't produced smurfs for many years, Schleich still produces all smurf figures, new and re-released. There a few other companies that have produced smurf figures over the years including Dupuis and Applause.

If anyone can add to this or correct it if I have made a mistake please do. :wink:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:35 pm
I learned from it!! :-D :-D

thanks

Attom 8-) I am a collector but never bought a book yet..! I know it will help alot but I like to learn as I go;..Its more fun..

Postby Smurfboy » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:56 pm
Rachel - Applause thru Wallace Berrie never produced the smurf figures they just liscenced to sell them for a while in the states (Schleich still produced them), with this came a agreement between Schleich and Wallace Berrie/Applause to have the figures bear both markings etc. Gary

Postby Rachel » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:25 pm
Thanks Gary. I am always pleased to learn new info and I didn't know that. Plus I would hate to give out incorrect information. That's what is so great about these boards, you can always find someone who knows. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login