Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:47 pm
Just so you know, I am now working through Kitty's Cavern Smurf Shop descriptions and adding the various markings. It's a very long job, I've spent a few hours on it tonight and not even completed one page! But it will be worth it! :grin:

Karen

Postby Papa Smurf » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:48 pm
Brilliant Kitty - That will be very helpful indeed - I know I will make good use of it!!!

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:31 pm
That will be very helpfull! Mabe you can get a laptop smurf and a computer smurf to help you then it might get done quicker!! He He He! :D :-D All the best, Steve. :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:44 am
Hi Karen

Bad Syd In the UK. I am here thanks to your lovely invite and just wanted to comment on the markings you are doing. I looked at your shop and was going aww the markings have stopped. This is great for the many collectors like me who are after different markings from around the world etc. I look forward to the completion but I know how something like that is very time consuming. I am currently translating all the descriptions in the Katalog IV book and well......it will take a %$$# long time if you excuse my.....thingies.

Take care

Mr Sydney Smurf

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:42 am
Will be back on the case soon. I just have to do it when munchkins are asleep or my mint smurfs could suddenly become "not so mint"!!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:32 am
I know that feeling only too well.

Postby Rachel » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:53 pm
How are you doing Karen with the markings, I know what a pain of a job it is. It took me a whole summer a couple of years to go through our collection :o
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:20 pm
To be honest with you Rachel I've not got any further yet. I am absolutely shattered! I've been working with Chris on being able to produce an "in stock" listing to distribute to people who don't use the internet. I've had several enquiries by post which I needed to deal with first.

I will let you know as soon as I make real headway! :grin:

Karen zzzzzz :-D
Postby Guest » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:14 pm
Sorry I haven't been posting much, I have been sooo busy with my first company year end. Yes, Kitty's Cavern Ltd is now a year old! I am just doing a stock check at the moment which should be finished tomorrow and then I will be getting on with the markings again. Think of me, counting zillions of smurfs! :grin:

Karen

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:36 pm
Hi Karen

Happy B'day for Cavern Ltd. A very healthy and bouncy 1 year old.

I am sure everyone understands how much work the markings will be and as I know with everything else in life it just strips away any spare time you have.

I look forward to seeing the finishing results but I will understand these things take time and will be patient. The only time I could translate the Katalog was usually after 12am after Mrs Dyar, little Jack & even Syd had gone to bed. This means I haven't had a decent sleep for the last couple of weeks but anyone with a small child should be used to this anyway.

Take care & all the best

Dyar
Postby Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:39 am
Hi everyone

I have made good progress this weekend and am nearly finished the markings. I have also altered quite a few prices, some have gone down and some have gone up. If you look at a price and it seems expensive compared to the Der Schlumpf guide then it will be because my suppliers' prices have increased or because I only have limited stocks. I've also pulled out any smurfs with rubs, although these are minor rubs, and will be listing those on ebay soon. There are an odd one or two smurfs listed in the main shop which detail minor rubs. I've left these few in there because they are the only ones I have and the rubs are hardly noticeable, like I said, any problems are clearly noted in the descriptions anyway. If no rubs are mentioned then the smurfs are mint. Anyone who knows me will know that a smurf has only got to look at me the wrong way and he goes in the rubs pile! Therefore the smurfs I will be putting on ebay will still probably be better condition than most on there, you can be guaranteed they are clean and that the defects are ones that some people would still class as mint.

I need to go out and get more labels and poly bags now as I have run out!

Carry on Smurfing :grin: :grin:

Karen
Page 1 of 1

Login