Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sat May 29, 2004 2:16 pm
I've received an email today asking how to tell which smurfs are fake and which are genuine. The enquiry was specifically referring to the Christmas praying smurf and the Smurf riding on a cane. I don't have both versions of these smurfs to compare and I wondered if anyone else has both a fake and an original and can detail the differences exactly? I've pointed out the normal points to look out for but it would be interesting to hear from someone who has both versions.

Karen
Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon May 31, 2004 6:59 am
hi there , with reply to your question on fake praying smurf and smurfette we are luckly enough to have both versions so here goes the original praying smurfs have very clear marking on the base of them ie the writing can be very easily the fake ones have writing but is very hard to read legibly. from behind the original smurfs should have a small injection mould marking on the left foot the fake ones do not , the seams on the original ones are minimal on the fake they are rough , if you can feel them in your hand the original are made of a harder pvc the fake ones are made of a softer pvc (squeezable) and they have a plasticky smell . the original have broad beautiful face the fake has a smaller face . if in doubt when buying off ebay always ask the seller to email you pictures of the under side of the smurf /smurfette so you can see the writing is legible , and a picture from behind so you can see the small injection mould marking . hope this is of some use simon & lucie oh ps the base material on the smurf is red and on the smurfette is pink :D

Postby Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 7:22 am
Thanks for this information. I have passed it onto the person who made the original enquiry.

Hppe you are having a great bank holiday Monday!

Karen

Postby Rachel » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:46 am
Hi all, I have been away for a couple of days so Thank you guys for answering.
I am hoping to take some comparison pics very soon so I will post them here.

Am I the only one who is thinking these fake praying smurfs are still be produced today? :o
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Papa Smurf » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:53 am
Rachel,

What are the others fakes still out there - the brown capped ones, the sugarcane ones...? it would be great to get an extensive library together to help others in determinig fakes - a How to collect smurfs side to imps?

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:52 am
Hi Papa, sounds like a great idea, although quite a task as there seems to be endless fakes :-(

How about a whole section for fake smurfs. Not really to post about "possible" fakes but ones we know are definates.

As we discover new fakes or pictures of smurfs we know are definitely fake we can post the pics and info for people to use as a comparison.

What does everyone think?

ps. anyone have pics of those fake Karamalz (brown hat) smurfs on Ebay recently?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:00 pm
Good idea!
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:45 pm
ohoh! hehehe well my passion is fake smurfs..mostly bad ones! but I am keeping track of as many as I can

I think I even have pics...of most..I keep all the pics from ebay as a research tool..

I am still planning to have my website dedicated to FAKES and homemades... to be the focus ...and create expert listings eventually !

heheh I have several thousand fakes so far and always watching out for more..

also let me know if you want to get rid of any too! hehe

Attom :o :-o If I have any of those pics I will post them..if I can figure out how to post here as well???heheheh

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:12 pm
Hi all

I think the fake Riding Candycane is also a darker blue than the original. Maybe someone can confirm this as I know one is darker than the other but I was always forget which one.

Dyar Dyar Pants On Fire :o
Page 1 of 1

Login