Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:06 am
I would like to know what people's opinions are of this Have a Heart Smurf with Omo packet. Value in the katalog is 90 euros, seen on pg 220. I would like to know if anyone has this smurf, whether it is something they would seek to obtain or any other info they have about it?

I have the chance to buy a couple and I would like to know a bit more about them before going ahead.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:50 am
Hi Karen

I would dearly love one of those Have A Heart OMO Packet smurfs. I have seen them around and have come pretty close to buying them in the past once or twice and do plan on getting one before the year is out.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of info on them either so I can't tell you much besides I defiantely want one for my collection.

Cheers

Dyar :-D

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:25 am
Same here... but the big question is the price.

I saw the one at 220 EUR... but it didn't sell. There is a German ebayer (forgot the ID but can dig it out if anyone is interested) that offers them for 79.99 on a buy it now basis... but I they don't seem to sell either... I saw one being sold for less but (normal auction) but don;t remember how much.

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:09 am
Hmmmmm, this smurf has always puzzled me. For example, is it a blank packet underneath the heart? Surely it wouldn't be the OMO packet. Also this smurf only really appeared a couple of years ago.

Mind you, if someone wanted me to give me one to rehome I wouldn't say no. ;)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:26 pm
Better make that 2 Rachel for your other home in Australia.....remember...no :( well it was worth a try, no matter how futile.

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:35 am
hi! :lol:

I see that smurf alot too! on Ebay..but always wondered if they fake these too??

its never that cheap..either..hard to find a bargain ..!

how about this one instead???

I'm Dyar may like the reptile one??? oops! :lol:

I am seriously watching these hehehe

Attom :D :D

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:59 am
You know if anyone ever wants any of the Schleich mini animals that they use for some of these smurfs then please let me know as I stock them. They are so cheap I can afford to send a few out for just the cost of postage.

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:23 pm
Hi Karen,

Yes please! could you PM me a list of what you've got?

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:27 pm
When I go into the shop tomorrow I will pick some up and post some pictures on here. :grin:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:51 pm
Hi Karen

I would love some of those animals too as it may be the only way I will ever add those animal smurfs to my collection seeing as most of them are fake anyway.

:-D

Dyar
Postby Guest » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:25 pm
Here are some of the Schleich minis I pulled out of the shop today. I grabbed as many pig and elephants as I could as I know they are the more popular ones! I put a smurf in the pic so you can see size.

I don't want to encourage a fake market so I will only give them to regulars on here as I know they only want them for a bit of fun. :grin:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:26 pm
Hi there Karen
little Lucie would like too know if you have a mini schleich jack russell , because she would like to make her own smurf holding a jack russell
ta ta 4 now simon :)
Postby Tommo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 am
Does anyone know the history behind this promo? Where was it sold, given away? I presume it would have been in English speaking countries due to the text, but what years as well? I have 3 with different markings... I can hear you now Arno about removable accessories :) :) :) I've got all 3 of these from Bernd. The markings are as follows:

1- West Germany, 1982, Schleich, peyo.
2- Portugal, 1981, Schleich, peyo, W.Berrie & Co, mustard dot.
3- West Germany, 1982, Schleich, peyo, CE, black dot.
Attachments
Have-a-Heart-OMO.jpg
Have-a-Heart-OMO.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 12064 times
Have-a-Heart-markings.jpg
Have-a-Heart-markings.jpg (77.81 KiB) Viewed 12064 times
Postby Arno » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:59 pm
Your 3 promo smurfs are great, Tommo
:P
Postby Arno » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:05 pm
Mine is marked Peyo c 1982 Schleich W.GERMANY and I got him from a german seller.
I thought he was, like the OMO smurf, given away in laundry packages ; when and where, no idea.
But... ;)
one with CE and black dot, well... :?:
That is very original !
:mad:
Postby The Smurf Collector » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:47 am
The Heart Smurf #20125 was first shown in the 1981 Schleich catalogue. The one shown is the one with the German text Ein Herz Für Kinder. However I have a feeling the English one - Have a Heart was released around 1982. This is based on an advertisement I found in an Australian magazine.

Now when did they release the one with the box? My bet is after OMO promotion, as they used the same box and added the Have a Heart plastic cut out to it.

There is no mention of it the SCCI newsletters but they do mention the OMO promotion with the OMO washing powder box.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby Tommo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:16 am
:) :) :) I knew you would be sceptical about the CE black dot Arno :) :) :) , but then again what about the mustard dot Portugal one? :-? In the Gian & Davi catalogue do you think with the years for the 2.0125 version they are thinking of this one for the years 1991/92 and 1998/99? I've got the 2.0125 Have a Heart version which came with a CE sticker, but would they maybe have carried on with this OMO promo after that? As Kath has said, the 2.0125 version is not in any of the catalogues after 1986 so not sure where Gain & Davi got the information from for the later years? :-?
Postby Arno » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 pm
I prefer say nothing about the mustard dot Portugal :)
Postby Arno » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:29 pm
Probably any marking variation of the 2.0160 smurf with apple made before and during the promo was given away is possible
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:38 pm
My guess is they had lots of the blank omo packages over and have a heart signs so someone in Schleich Made the promo............this would have been after the bankruptcy presumably into 1990.
Given there were millions of unsold smurfs, as Arno says, the have a heart promo was glued to any of the “apple” or “pumpkin “ smurfs around, thus any marking possible
I still don’t know whether this was a promo or a marketing ploy to move some stock. It is genuine Schleich though I firmly believe that
Tommo- never seen 3 like that wonderful picture :cheers:
I have never had him , will have to do something about it now :)
Page 1 of 1

Login