Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby JT » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:12 pm
Hi.
I have this normal smurf with too big pants :D .
His only markins are "Peyo (c)". It looks like they´ve ran out of paint while painting his belly. He looks and feels like real, but how he got out with his belly unpainted?

Sorry about the picture quality. I seem to succeed everytime :eek:

Postby Rachel » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:09 pm
Hi JT, cool smurf. It is quite possible that he is what I would call a factory mistake, ie. he missed quality control somehow!

Often, these smurfs are sought after by collectors as there aren't many of them around. :grin:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:41 pm
WOW

I love that smurf!! its really great..

if you ever get rid of him let me know..he looks so cute with those pants!!!

Attom :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:03 am
Hi JT

I agree that is a great smurf you have there....it looks like it should be Nappy Smurf.

Dyar

:-D

Postby JT » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:44 pm
Hi.
Wow, it´s a strange World! Few weeks ago the was on my transfer list and survived one auction!
Another mistake I´d regret afterwards :)

His paintwork ain´t perfect. If you watch carefully you can see brush marks. I mean ones you leave when you paint something with brush.
I hope he ain´t raw one which someone painted!!! His eyes look like originals though. I wish I could take sharper pictures :sad:

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:04 pm
Does your camera have a macro setting? This is what I use for my close-ups?

I used to have a camera that came free with a computer and the photos I took with that one look similar to yours, hence why I ended up getting a new one with the macro setting which is great for close-up pics.

Postby JT » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:12 pm
Hi Karen,
no my there seem not to be macro setting on my camera. Thank´s for a tip though, I´m sure my next one has it :)

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:44 am
My camera is a Canon Powershot A70 and it works well with the smurfs. Anyone else got any good recommendations for digital cameras? Then if one ever turns up cheap on ebay JT knows what to look out for. :grin:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:18 am
Hi Karen & JT

My camera is a Samsung Digimax 420.....I don't know a lot about cameras to tell you the truth but I quite like it.

Dyar

Postby Smurfboy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:41 am
I use a Kodak DX3600 Zoom Digital Camera. They are very good and reasonably priced and have the ability to changed pixel sizes.

Postby JT » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:16 am
Thanks Karen, Syd and Gary.
I keep those cameras in mind when I´m buying new one. It´s good to know that they´ve been used for same kind of purpose.
Have you guys taken your "web"-pictures with those cameras?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:18 am
All my shop photos are done with that camera.

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:06 am
Hi JT, I actually use an old clapped out video camera for smurf photos. They are geat because you get a great zoom. Lighting is a problem, we use blue daylight bulbs, this gives a nice clear light.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby JT » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:29 pm
Thanks for a tip Rachel.
Lighting has always been one of my weaknesses. And camera too :smile:

Postby Smurfboy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:43 pm
Have you guys taken your "web"-pictures with those cameras?
All my smurf pics on my site are done with this camera. :)

Postby JT » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:37 am
Hi Gary.
And those are fine pics. :)
Do you use daylight or have you got lamps for lighting?

Postby Smurfboy » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:17 am
Hey JT - I use the overhead lighting in the room and sometimes extra lighting with a standing lamp.
Page 1 of 1

Login