Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby JT » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:30 pm
Hi,
I´m new one here and I was wondering if you could help me. Can you tell what series are these smurf toys. First I thought they´re McDonald´s toys, but none of the markings confirms that.
I mainly collect PVC smurfs, but this kind of stuff seems to end in my posession :-)

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:18 pm
Hi JT

Welcome to the forum!

I am really not sure what these are. I've gone right through the book I have here and cannot find them. Our resident experts Rachel and Steven are away this week and I am hoping they will be able to tell you more next week on their return.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Postby Mart » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:44 am
Hi JT and Karen

I have some of these Smurfs myself. Their in the loft at the moment.

I believe these are the poseable Smurfs from Irwin, made fairly recently (late 90's/early Millenium).

I think they are worth picking up, although I remain loyal to the PVC figurines :) Saying that I need to catch up with them lol.

I hope this helps ;)

Regards
Mart

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:04 am
Mart is our other resident expert by the way!! :-D
Postby Mart » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:56 am
Hi Karen

Thankyou, not sure I'm an expert but try my best to help :-D Just hope I am right lol
8)

Regards
Mart
Postby JT » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:47 pm
Thank you for your answers. I think this helped me to identify my "John Does" :)

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:12 am
Hi JT, welcome aboard. :)

Martin is absolutely correct with his info. They are indeed incomplete Irwin smurfs, they tend to be sold on a card.
Here is an exapmle:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WD2V

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby JT » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:05 am
Thanks Rachel,
I thought I´ve seen that package somewhere. I just couldn´t find it.
Those figures are quite neat. When you pull one arm down, the other one raises :eek:
Maybe I keep them to spice up my tiny collection :)
Thank you all for your kindness.
Postby Mart » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:38 am
Hi Rachel

Glad I was right lol. Do you know how to stop guests posting? Does Karen allow it in here?

Hope u had a nice holiday?

Regards
Mart

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:58 am
Mart I will always let guests post as long as they are not posting anonymously just to be horrible to other people on here. People often just want to have a look round first before they register and I think it is better to allow guests to post.
Postby Mart » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:05 am
Hi Rachel

Yep I agree, good idea :) Hope you had a good bank holiday.

Regards
Mart
Page 1 of 1

Login