Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfboy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:05 pm
Hey all I have read and read about these fake easter smurfs from hong kong, Cleo has posted pics and Rachel has posted pics, I even went so far as to risk eBay negative feedback when I had won a set back when this first came out and canceled going thru with the auction.

Well curiosity got the better of me and when I won my Kubricks Set2, I noticed the same seller was selling those fakes as well, so for a cheap price I thought why not just to see what all the fuss is about. They came today with my Kubricks and they are fake looking!!! Shiny and colours too bright, paint looks wet, and you can see the seams where they put the 2 pieces together (remember originals are one piece). Good for a laugh but I do not see how any one would have took them for authentic after seeing other smurfs of the supposed age, or even the new ones.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:10 pm
The size is different as well if you line them up against the originals. I think the problem Cleo and I had was that we left feedback before taking them out of the packaging. We both said we should have known better as the packaging wasn't normal for smurfs!

Postby Smurfboy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:57 pm
The size is different as well if you line them up against the originals. I think the problem Cleo and I had was that we left feedback before taking them out of the packaging. We both said we should have known better as the packaging wasn't normal for smurfs!
You know Karen I hadn't even compared them until you posted this! There is a BIG size difference to the originals! I wonder if the material they used to make them naturally shrank or what?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:23 am
Hee hee perhaps they put them in the bath before they sent them!

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:05 pm
It's not surprising that a female noticed the size difference....I think that's quite common.

Syd

Postby Smurfboy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:45 pm
It's not surprising that a female noticed the size difference....I think that's quite common.

Syd

andrew!!! shame!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:10 pm
I was saying the same thing to Stace....I just wish us males had the same eye for detail then we would of noticed the difference. Still what can you do huh?

Dyarnormous

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:04 pm
Hey Gary

Love your new avatar! :-D

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:45 am
There are absolutely loads of these on ebay at the moment!!!! Have you seen them?
Page 1 of 1

Login