Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:26 am
Hi

I thought these would be of interest!..

most fakes seem to have a flaw in the nose..are..especially soft mold ones.. and it's because when they make them the nose is the main area that the mold is used for what is called the lost wax process...

here are two great examples!!

it could help in cases when you are buying smurfs and are not sure..if it's a real one.... then if the nose area looks messy ..its a sure sign they sealed it badly and are fakes..

Attom :D

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:34 am
They are great pics Attom! Thanks for posting these, I was following the discussion on Pete's board and found it interesting.
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:25 pm
THanks Karen!

it's interesting cause I never knew about this for a long time..but noticed so many fakes with a dent or a x on their noses...

now I know why! hehehehe! once I got these !!..

the owner of the Yellow smurf emailed me and I explained all this to him..
he wanted to make sure it wasn't a rare real smurf..yet its really a rare fake! so either way he wins!!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:53 pm
Hi Attom

I won some raws the other night and one of them had one of these noses (Papa) so now I know it was a fake along with the others probably.

Thanks for letting us know Attom and I will post him here when he arrives.

Dyar

PS - Hey Attom, congrats on winnng the 2 blue raws in the same lot of auctions as my Papa...I was cheering for you from the grandstand.
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:15 pm
HI!

hey thanks Andrew! I had no idea.! I just bid on them before I went to bed Saturday night..and was stunned I won them! hehehe

I didn't even notice the others..I had only bookmarked the 2 blue ones..

who I think are fakes as well!..

what does the papa look like? is he all red??

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:45 am
Hi Attom

Here are 3 pics of the raws I won the other night. All up there were 10 which included:

ImageImageImage

Papa Captain, Soccer, Papa Smurf, Motorcross, Doctor, Gift, Boxer, Bride, Chef, & Sledgehammer.

I thought the original Papa had a hole in the nose like your ones but after seeing it again it just has an ugly scar. I am not sure whether they are fakes or authentic versions so if you have any thoughts please let me know. The raw red Papa is on my priority shopping list and I will hopefully add that very soon.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:50 am
Hi Attom, Thanks for the pics and info. I had never really looked into it before so facinating stuff. Thank You. :grin:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login