Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:25 am
I have finally finished the basic collection of smurfs when I won an auction for the Smurf Riding Candycane this morning from the ornament set. I now have at least one version of all of the regulars, supers & Chrissy decorations.

So know I will concentrate on variations, promos, raws & a few fakes to keep my life smurfy. I still need the Astro, Large Moutain and Schlumpf-burg playsets as well as one of the playmats with the airport.

I can still see myself collecting for years but I wanted to finish the basic set within a year and I have managed to do that by about 2 months. I didn't think I would make it as I have been after this last one for the last few months but wanted to find it a bit cheaper than the Katalog price and bought it today for what I consider a pretty reasonable price.

Cheers

Andrew

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:57 pm
Wow Dyar, you are way ahead of me!

Karen

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:08 pm
Congrats, Andrew! I'm sooooooooo envious 8-)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:09 am
You will be more than envious when you check your collection next time Stace......hope you aren't missing a Smurf Riding Candycane...... :D

Dyar

PS - I am joking of course......I hope your Smurf Riding Candycane is still there......I know it's funny that my new one actually had Staci written on it but I am sure that is a coincidence.

Postby kira1970_ » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:04 am
Congratulations Andrew
All those smurfs in such a short time is amazing. I look forward to having a collection like yours one day. Well Done!
Kira

P.S. Kira will accept any smurfs that Andrew now gets as spares...providing postage is paid to Tasmania.....lol......I had to put that in.....I like the little phrases you add to your posts

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:28 am
LOL Kira.....if I can't afford air or surface mail to Tassie I will send them via shoe mail

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:47 am
PS - I am joking of course......I hope your Smurf Riding Candycane is still there......I know it's funny that my new one actually had Staci written on it but I am sure that is a coincidence.
Hmmm - the Smurf Riding Candycane is named "Staci" so I think they all have that written on their feet! No worries :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:34 am
Yes but this new one even has a title in front of his name "The property of..."

:D :o

Dyar

Postby smurf1303 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 pm
Most impressive Syd, I've been collecting over 20 years and still not got that, although into single figures remaining, it's just they're all the expensive ones!

Well done, and good to hear you still have goals...

helen

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:33 pm
Thanks Helen and all above

It sounds like you are really close to finishing the collection too Helen. You will have to let us know when you finish the set so we can all celebrate it with you.

Good luck everyone with your smurf hunting

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:19 pm
wow!! Andrew great news!! i missed this post!..

that is truly exciting..! you must have a awesome collection...I am no where near that..close..but then its not my goal..yet..but I think reaching your goal is great!

now you can specialize in goodies too!!

Attom :D
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:25 am
now you can specialize in goodies too!!
Thanks Attom

Yeah I have started to grab every variation, promo & raw I see as well as a few fakes along the way. Lock up your goodies everyone because Uncle Dyar wants them.

Cheers

Uncle Dyar.....I suppose
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:37 am
I knew Uncle dyar was after all those smurfs!! maybe we should call you Gargamel for a few months???

heheh do you have a big net??

Attom :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:50 pm
no net just a big credit card bill i'm am afraid. :???:

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:54 am
Congratulations Andrew. :-D :grin: :-D :grin:

It is a really great feeling to do it.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:36 am
It is a really great feeling to do it.
Thanks for that Rachel :o ....it also felt pretty good when I finished my smurf collection too.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:37 am
Hee hee, why do you always write what I am thinking Dyar? :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:39 am
I am not sure Karen....but few people actually admit to sharing my thoughts.

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:07 am
Don't blame me, it was Staci's idea.
He's always in my brain - sorry for my comment sent through Andrew earlier :D I have a feeling he's starting to invade Karen's brain as well :o
Page 1 of 1

Login