Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby kira1970_ » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:46 pm
Hi
I saw this on ebay today and I am not sure what it is. I do remember seeing a topic on Plastoy smurfs, but when you want to find it you can't. I just want to know if anyone can help with the basic information on them, as I have never seen one before on ebay. Are they rare or are they a new item. Thanks Kira

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 98746&rd=1

Ps..I hope the link works as I have never done a link before.
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:41 pm
HI

I don't think they are rare...they are relisted on EBAY over and over again...they seem to not sell very much...and are a bit pricey

they are very nicely made..and look great..but are very breakable..if you drop one..

the older ones are more rare..and hard to find...
check this site out for great smurf items..
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/schtroumpf/

and he has Plastoys!

also here is the Plastoys website

http://www.plastoy.net/g_catalogue.php?docid=32#

take your time if you plan to buy one..their are lots around..and you can also buy them off ebay too!...from dealers or smurf sites..

attom

:D

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:04 am
I am actually looking into stocking plastoys and pixi smurfs, I've just got my friend to translate an email into French for me so am hoping for a reply soon from the manufacturers!

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:17 am
Hi Kira, Attom & Karen.........hey, if you take the first initial from all of you guys it spells KAK.....that's kinda funny.

I wasn't too sure what Plastoy smurfs were before you guys posted here although I have seen them before on Ebay I couldn't link the name with the smurf. This place is always educating Mr Dyar so thanks for the question Kira. I think they look pretty cool and I might be interested in picking up one of these sometime......that aren't heavy are they?

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:03 am
KAK??? hmmmm we need a " W" then we are "KWAK"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I did buy a plastoys 1 yr ago..same thing..I was curious and thought I really wanted them all.. and yes they are very nice and kewl..but I prefer to have pvc's..so I only bought the one..the sticking his tongue out one..

as you may have seen in some of my pics..

they are hard to display for me because they are larger..

its great for someone who wants things in a cabinet..like royal doultons or something.. heheheh

they are very nicely done too!

Attom :D
Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:15 am
KAK??? hmmmm we need a " W" then we are "KWAK"
I started to get very worried about what I wrote when you said we needed a "W".......thank God it was only the work KWAK otherwise I thought I may have to duck for cover.

I saw your plastoy smurf and it's a very cool one as I like the Naughty smurf in general. Are there many different types of different characters in the plastoys range? Also you said they are easily breakable.....what are they made from?

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:38 am
Hi Andrew

yes they are easily breakable..they are made from a resin like plastic but the very hard brittle type..

its like glass almost.. they break real easy if they get hit or drop..

check out the two sites I posted above! in the first response to this post...

one is the Plastoys web site..l the other is Bruno's a collector who has a
nice section showing all the Plastoys from the past too!

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:42 am
I love the Plastoys too but haven't gotten into them yet because of the price and the breakability factor. If they didn't have to be shipped, I might consider getting some but not yet! Too many other things tugging at the purse strings for the next month :?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:36 pm
Hi guys, I really love the plastoy smurfs, I think they are one of my favs (after pvc's ;) ).

They are a great size, especially for displaying, being careful of course.

Here are a few, you can see the rest (complete) HERE

Image Image Image
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:15 pm
hi! boy did Blue imps site ever cahnge its awesome looking..the images are so high quality!! very nice!!

and yeah those plastoys make me eat my words..hehehe
they really are awesome!

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:33 pm
I love looking at your website Rachel and I agree with Attom over the quality of the photos.....just very impressive all round.

Have I told you lately that I would love to have your collection?......yes, but in the last hour.

in Dyar need

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:50 am
Rachel is good at pics. You may have noticed some of the photos on the Kitty's Cavern shop are worse than others. I took them all but Rachel manipulated the first lot which look good but when I've added new smurfs I've done it myself and they look horrible! She definitely has the magic touch!

Postby kira1970_ » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:17 am
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the info on the plastoy smurfs. Now I know a bit more about them. They sound interesting, but I think I will try to get a collection of normal smurfs before getting into the plastoy smurfs.
Thanks again for all your help. It helps when people reply and put pics on the board. I enjoy reading all the posts as it helps me to learn more about smurfs.
Kira

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:40 pm
Well I would like to say 'You're Welcome' Kira........um, except for the fact that I was pretty useless in the knowledge department on the Plastoys.

However if you ever want to know what cows jump over in nursery rhymes then I am the man to speak to.....I have lots of books I can look up and tell you anything you need to know as I am quite the expert even if I do say so myself.......well, for example off the top of my head there is the tale of Jack & Gretel who went down the lane to eat some fat except for the dish ran away with the moon. That's one of those old classics that they don't seem to write about any more.

Twee Diddle Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login