Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:14 pm
Hi

I bought these divers this afternoon...

someone was selling variations..and no one bid on them except for a

red suited diver..but as you can see his spear looked suspicious:lol:

he went for over $20. I got the rest ( 3) for about $4. each

and one drummer..which I will post the pic for next..

here is what the listing said for each one:

1)No. 2.0120 Diver Variation.  The left Diver Smurf is more orange in color and is marked 1979 Peyo, HK and the right Diver Smurf is " yellow " and is marked 1979 Peyo, W. Berrie Co., HK.  Both are in excellent condition

2)A definite and rare No. 2.0120 Diver Variation.  Both have a different shade of oranges....one is marked BULLY, W. Germany and the other is marked Peyo, HK.  Both in excellent condition

3)
No. 2.0120 Diver Smurf RED  RARE Variant.  He is #4 of the Der Schlumpf Katalog 2000 book.  I do not see any markings on him and he has few paint rubs on parts of his body

Attom:

:D

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:12 pm
Hi Attom, those are great divers you have, I think this figure is one of my favs. I haven't got the red suit one yet, one day........ :eek:

There is also a variation of the diver that has 2 flat feet (far right), very hard to find, I have only ever seen one which belongs to Martin Royle from UK.

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:16 pm
Hi!

wow those are really NIce! havn't seen so many divers ! this post looks
better then the katalogs for pics!! hehehe

I like the one with the Yellow pipe.. what is he?? A Sapanish smurf?
he seems rarer then the others..and almost looks like the red diver??

the red diver I posted looked like he had a broken spear/??

anyone else have any other divers???

Attom: :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:21 pm
Hi Attom, these are Martin's divers so I don't know about markings. The red could be a "comic non toxico" but I am not 100% sure.

I would say that the one with flat feet is probably the rarest. I have never seen one of these on Ebay I don't think.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby attombomb7 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:12 pm
thanks Rachel!

I do like them alot! they look great..

I'm at my work now..but wehn I get home I will check out my Spanish one..

I'm sure its a small mold and may be different then Martin's..

his looks sort of rare to me..

attom :D

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:37 pm
I have had a query this afternoon about the two scuba divers I am offering in my shop. One of those is pink-orange, one is orange.

In the picture the pink-orange one is on the left. The markings on both are Wallace Berrie & Co, Hong Kong.

Someone has queried with me whether I may have the photos the wrong way round and I think this has raised an interesting point. I checked several websites and there are not many of the pink-orange versions shown. I am confident that my pictures are the right way round, I have always considered the more common one to be true orange, this other variation has a darker pinkish hue to it. I only have 3 scuba divers in stock, two pink-orange variation and one orange variation. I have checked my invoice (I bought these from an extremely reputable German dealer) and the invoice says I bought two pink-orange and one orange. I would be interested in people's comments here. Do you consider the standard scuba diver to be the lighter colour?

Karen

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:00 pm
Hi Karen

I have noticed those on your website and I thought you had it right....I noticed it because I had it on my shopping list as I only have the normal orange ones.

Dyar

(PS - Hi Rachel...none of the Papas are showing up in this section again)

Postby smurf1303 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:27 pm
As far as which one is the 'real' one. Comicfiguren Preiskatalog 02/03 has the orange one as 5€ and the pink-orange one as 10€ (also the red one as €30 with no markings unlike the other two which it lists as being available marked either schleicht or bully).

Great pictures guys btw. Love the flat footed one too, want them all...

Helen

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:40 pm
I use the Der Schlumpf Katalog as a price guide. I've just received the book you are looking at this week actually so haven't checked their prices out yet. How does everyone else find the prices compare in these two books?

My prices are worked out on several criteria, what I paid for the smurf initially, what the Der Schlumpf Katalog says, whether I can get replacement stock easily and also I look at other retailers' prices. These Scuba Divers are quite difficult to get hold of now, even the more common ones, hence why they may seem pricey.

There are only two pictures in the Der Schlumpf Katalog although 5 variations are listed. It will be interesting to see if anything changes when the next edition comes out! :grin:

Good to hear your comments Helen. :-D
Page 1 of 1

Login