Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Rachel » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:33 pm
Hi all,

as I have just started really getting into raw (unpainted or semi-painted) smurfs, I was wondering if anyone could give me some general info on them.

I can totally understand the raw smurfs that are made from the base colour material - usually white but sometimes others - but why all these other colours?

Were they all produced as promotions?
Why do some figurines have painted bits eg. eyes, mouth etc?
Any idea where and when they were released?

Any information appreciated. :grin:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:39 pm
Great question Rachel....I would be interested to hear what any one has to offer regarding info on raw/rohling smurfs.
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:00 pm
Hi

I'm no expert either in raws!..but it seems from what I have in my collection..that some were brought out for

promotions..I think 6 figures..

in solid colors...Waldbaur ( the chocolate co.) had them ..

ImageImage

I have these and others..but I found most of the others in odd colors

like gold, silver, some orange ones,etc are fakes...

then the white ones seem to be raw mold smurfs..maybe taken from the factory??? who knows.. the partly painted ones that I have seem to be rejects for some reason...and again taken from the factory..by employees?? since I noticed they are not perfect smurfs..some have bad paint jobs or other flaws..but are real smurfs products.

there are so many colored fake rohlings too...! that look like the waldbaur
ones but are different characters..

I am quessing at all this..but these so far are my own conclusions from the bunch I have collected...

so its more about collecting the ones you like...there are the same ones that are common ...and easily available..and then rare ones of the same \
smurfs we consider rare ..

also clear like ones are out there too

if you now more let me know too

Attom :D

Postby Rachel » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:05 pm
Thanks Attom, nice info. :grin:

Is there anyway of telling if a raw is a Waldbaur smurf do you know? I only have which could be but I wouldn't really know how to tell.

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:35 pm
Hi rachel

that wrrench smurf looks like a real one..

according to some collectors on Mushroomvillage there are only the 6 shown on the package from the waldbaur chocolates..

and yours is on the box!

Attom :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:58 pm
I think I have the Hammer & the Jolly ones coming this week....and that was probably the Tyrolese that I missed out on......bugger.....big bugger.
I will post any pics of the raws that are coming. I think there are about 18 different raws in the post or so but I am not sure off the top of my head.
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:44 pm
Hey

Dyer!!

don't worry too much that tyrolese is not that rare..

can't wait to see all the goodies!! you got!

did you get your big box yet from Klaus??/

I just got some yesterday!

Attom: :D
Postby steveparkes » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:56 am
Hi all, I've got the tyrolese one..just need the other 5 now :-D

Stephen.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Postby Guest » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:19 am
Here are my two raw smurfs that are from my personal collection.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:55 am
Hi Karen

Nice raws and aptly coloured too with gargamel the baddy in black. I can't wait for mine to arrive and I was expecting them on Monday and they are late :???: .....however I won't shoot the postman until he brings the smurfs from the other side of the world.....for now I will have to settle for the roar I got from Stace in an earlier post.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:08 pm
Cool pics Stephen and Karen, Thanks. The more raw smurfs I see, the more I want....... :D

I also have a raw gargamel, I think they are cool in black. 8)

Page 1 of 1

Login