Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Fram » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:58 am
I seem to remember that Bunno once asked about this, but I can't seem to find her post anymore...
The question was that she had gotten a postman Smurf from eBay, and that the mail in his bag was more pinkish instead of white.
I have been thinking about this and looking around, and it seems to me that this has to be some true variation, and not a kid that has been colouring them or so. You can see the same thing e.g. in this lot, and I have seen it elsewhere as well. I have to say that I prefer the white mail, but it looks as though this is a genuine variation.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:44 am
I have this one Fram. I have 9 variations of the Postman including the one that looks like it has been attacked by a Jack.

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:07 pm
I also have one with pinkish mail....I wonder if it's the white that's been exposed to light or something over time and is discoloured?? I tried to clean it but it's still pinkish color.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:40 pm
HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! maybe he is delivering Valentines???? :) :) :) :) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:59 pm
Hi guys, I have the Christmas Holly variation with a pinkish colour. My theory:

The brown from the bag has some how spread into the white PVC.

What do you think? :-?

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:31 pm
Good theory, Rach! I'd always thought it was somehow discoloured but couldnt' figure out what but the brown makes sense!!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:46 pm
I always thought this was the case too Rachel and never actually counted the pinkish bit as a variation as I went more on the other parts such as horn colour & angle, bag colour and envelope differences. I figured that the colour had just run and discoured the mail a bit like the Spy with the pinkish inside of the cape.

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:27 pm
Yeah I do have a Holly one like that, Fram. My post was in the safe smurfing I think. Its not only the letters that are white though, half the leg is also. The seller listed it as mint-near mint and paypal refunded my money as it wasn't what we considered mint, minus the postage of course. I got to keep the smurfs though.

The colour bleeding sounds like a valid reason to me. I might try some of Pete's magic formula on the foot when it arrives and see if that works.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby pekkelien » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:59 am
i agree with rachel i have it too im convinsed if you would make it rohling it will have that colour everywhere
Page 1 of 1

Login