Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:21 am
Hi...I was wondering who here collects variations and how many different versions do people have and what are some of your favourites? Please also mention if you collect rohlinge/raw smurfs as I have just purchased my first lot and although I haven't received them yet I think I will really love them.

Thanks Dyar

Postby steveparkes » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:14 am
Hi Dyar,

yes I collect variations..to me they are the exciting ones to find and own. My own personal favourite variations that I have are;

the yellow skateboarder:

the archer with vertical bow:

and the fireman with red hose:

Stephen.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:43 am
I'm still working on getting the common smurfs out of the way but Andrew and Attom have both got me interested in the variants too. I now have the four sunbathers, two brainy teachers (red and brown book), two mechanics, two secretaries, two liontamers and loads of others I can't remember right now! I like displaying them next to each other just like in the katalogs so you can see the differences in colors and shapes!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:35 pm
Hi Dyar, I am with Stephen on this one. I love collecting variations, I didn't real look to get the different ones to start with but I suppose it just happens, especially when you are buying huge lots from different countries. I particularly like colour variations although recently I have been trying to get raws.

Off hand I *think* smurfette is in the lead with 10 variations, many of them look the same but the markings are all different.

Image Image

Image Image

My favourite variations have to be the rugby smurfs, we have 8 different colour variations of these little guys. :grin:

http://www.blueimps.com/z20065var.html

Just seeing Stephen's skateboard smurf reminds me, we actually made a discovery a couple of years back regarding variations. It seems that the yellow colour variations ie. yellow glasses brainy, yellow sled, yellow chimney sweep and yellow skateboard smurfs all seem to come from the UK. Here endeth the smurf lesson. :grin:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:09 pm
Aha! That's how I ended up with a yellow scarf chimney sweeper from the National Garage!!!

Karen

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:13 pm
Hi guys

I want the yellow varitions too because they all look really nice but I haven't come across any yet. I got up at 4:30am this morning to buy 7 different variations of the Smurfette (original) and 7 versions of the Biscuit smurf. The most variations I have are the First Aid's which is not surprising seeing as there are so many. I have 12 different variations with 3 being in the post as we speak. I currently have 123 smurf items in the post and except for about 5 they are variations so I can't wait to they arrive. I hope to buy 10 more raws from a webshop early this week as they have attracted me lately. I have no idea where I am going to put all of these smurfs but I figure I am not alone and I am sure someone out there will be happy to share the burden of the space problem.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:44 pm
Andrew - you are lucky I was out this afternoon as I had the biscuits and smurfettes variations bookmarked :o Actually I decided I wasn't going to bid anyway so I'm glad you won them :-D :-D :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:48 am
I wouldn't of worried too much Stace as I am always willing to share the thrill of winning smurfs with you.....I have the smurfs and you can pay for them. That way it feels like you just bought something new to some extent and you really help someone else while doing so. Is that a good deal or what?

Dyar
:-D
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:07 am
hi!

well !! here are some variations!! but they are my fakes

//these are all fakes in this pic... I have photographed only

smurfette fakes in this pic...I have many more fakes of her !

and all the roller blade ones are different fakes of her.

enjoy!!

see the special two versions of the red shoes!!??

attom :D
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:19 am
some more variations of fakes..

notice there are several variations of the same fake some are hard molds..with eyes no eyes or pants or no pants..

etc...

variation of ... the smurf with his hands over his ears...

I find most fakes are awesome because each one is indivually made and hand painted without controls..so the artwork is unique!!!! and bad!:lol:

I love it!!

the SECOND picture is also all FAKES.. rohling fakes!!

and the THIRD picture is smurf like characters also collected as FAKES..
called niks

Attom

Attom" :D :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:25 am
Hi Attom

Wow....what else can you say about that many fake Smurfettes. How many are there? Do you know what I really love about your pics (besides the ones with the beautiful lighting)...I love the background. The one for Kitty's Cavern Bar looked fantastic...a real dive of a bar but it suited the scene perfectly. I like this one too as it looks like some inner city or market square scene and makes fantastic eye candy. The large house on top of the other is a cool idea and looks good in this setting.

If I was a smurf I would love to discover this place of paradise full of Smurfettes....of course once I found out they were fake Smurfettes I might be very interested in an exact definition.....then again.....maybe it's better if I didn't know.

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:57 am
HI dyar!!

wow! that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me! THANKS so much Dyar! I really appreciate that you see what I see!

and that you love my backgrounds so much too! that is so awesome!

you made my day!.. I have so many pics of my smufrs..I was afraid to post more...I don't wan't to look greedy..but I love smurf in settings..!!

and I should confess..one thing to you...I am a painter..a modern artist..and those backgrounds are my signature characters..

and I am mixing my art with smurfs!.. I am actually having a smurf art show... but my work is very graffitii like...

I can send you private info on my art career if you like..

thanks so much ..I really was touched by your great letter!!

Attom :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:49 am
Hi Attom

Please let me know about your art work as I have a great appreciation for painters. I have only painted one picture when I was 17 (I did 3 unit art at school) and I was going to post it here but the batteries are flat on my camera so I will save the public embarrassment and send it to you in a PM later tonight. I can't draw to save my life but I wish I could. Your backgrounds are a great option to display the smurfs and really add a realistic background to them. I had no idea though that you had a show coming up and were such a talented artist. I would love to see your work and the info on your career so far. You learn something new about the people here everyday.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:21 am
Hi Attom, I am with Dyar on this one. I think your artwork and your ideas are fabulous. I am not in the least bit artisic but I am fascinated with your scenes and you really have an awesome fake collection. I had no idea how many there were.

Do you keep rearranging smurfs for different scenes or are they left in a display like that for a while?

I would also love to know more about your art work, I didn't know you were an artist.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby chesneysmurf » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:25 am
I collect variations also. Many of mine just have different markings, but a lot of them also have minor color variations. I love my smurfette with hands out! :-D
Lacey

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:44 am
Is that a good deal or what?
Um, if we switch that deal around, I'll take it! ;) Plus Andrew, PM me your one masterpiece as well - I'd love to see if since you will not publicly embarass yourself.

And Attom, I'd like to know more about your smurf art show too! :-D Sounds like an incredible idea. I am only minimally artistic but haven't done anything since college. I only do realistic paintings of things, ie. plants, vases, fruit, etc. Easy stuff - no abstract :D
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:21 am
hi! thanks so much!

and yes RAchel I do have smurfs displayed that way in my house.. but I also make up scenes for them ..since I have too many to put on display

my place is more like a weirdo's studio..! full of mostly paintings..very little furniture..and lots of smurfs...my rooms all have artwork..

I should tell you though that my art is not very mainstream..its compeletly weird..and different and very strong..not everyone's cup of tea..but the smurfs paintings are also very different..

for example I did a painting using a entire antique comic book of the smurfs and cut it up on a canvas to use it for a figure of a larger smurf!

and it has floating mushrooms ,etc and cartoon words all over it..

I also are using large smurfs too! as sculptures..

this show may be in Oct.

and Eggie..would love to seey yours too..I like all types of art..

and Dyar too!.. I sent Cleo some paintings pics and she passed out!! hehehe because they are not cute! but its kewl!!

thanks again

Attom

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:26 pm
To Rachel

I was just looking at all of your Smurfettes again and besides pinining a bit I noticed that they seem to be putting on weight from one Smurfette to the next....did you just have one Smurfette that you kept feeding and then took photos of her each month for 10 months or do you really own 10 Smurfettes?

To Steveparkes

I will PM my mailing address if you ever want a new variation.......a variation of not having those smurfs anymore because they are quite exquisite.

To Attom

I will send my poor imitation of art to you tonight please don't laugh as I am more of a bull artist than a good artist.....but I can't wait to see what shocked Cleo so much.....you didn't paint your tall middle leg smurf did you?

To Stace

I will post a pic of my painting but there is no use saying "don't laugh" because I am sure you will pick on me anyway.....I am thinking of sending you the Mona Lisa but then again maybe you have seen this before and will find me out.....let me know first before I send it and maybe mention some one you don't know.

To God

Can I have some of those rare promos smurfs I have been talking to you about recently. I have stopped swearing and I am down to one lie per hour and I think I need a reward.

To Santa

Did you get my smurf list of things that I want for Christmas.....Mrs Dyar isn't going to help me so I think you're my best shot.....especially since I just lied to God in my above message.

Dyar Smurf
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:03 pm
Hi.. these body builders are real smurf variations as well

the two red short ones are different..one is West germany and a smaller mold..with darker red shorts

the other is Germany with a more orange red shorts..

the three older bodybuilders ..two are fakes and the middle one is real

the aerobic smurfette with different violet colored socks

and off course a fake one (smurfette) with fat legs and butt !

the last weightlifter with springs in his hands is a real smurf

Attom

:D :D
Postby steveparkes » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:45 am
Hi Dyar..well, how can I refuse an offer like that :D

Seriously though if you want some smurfs I found these just lying around :-D :D

Stephen.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Page 1 of 3

Login