Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:39 am
Hello again

Does anyone collect Kinder Smurfs?

I don't, but there is a shop next to where I work that sells second hand books and CDs and I have been lucky to find about 7 smurfs in there that I have added to collection. Today I went in there and they had 2 kinder smurfs and since it is rare to find smurfs there I thought I would buy them anyway. Infact the lady grabbed my hand as soon as I walked in there and dragged me to the cabinet where they were being displayed as she knows I am a smurf nut and they don't get many of us type around here. They were $5 Aus for both of them together and I couldn't refuse even though I am not planning of collecting these type of smurfs. However I think they will look pretty cool on my shelf of smurfy odds and ends.

So I was just wondering how many of you guys have them and maybe how many there are all up.

Cheers blue ears

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:45 am
Hi Dyar, nice find. I have a few of these little guys but I have to admit I know very little about them.

There is a smurf collector from Canada who has quite a few of them I think, he is actually a Kinder Suprise collector as well as smurfs.

Baboune's Smurf World
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:03 am
Hi Rachel

Thanks for the link. I have seen his website before but I guess I wasn't looking for Kinder smurfs so it was nice of you to post that link so I can check it out again.

I am more of a conservative PVC smurf collector but Attom has opened my eyes to other possibilities such as rohlings and fakes so I guess I don't mind adding a few little odd smurfy items to my collection.

Dyar

PS - Our weather here is starting to warm up a little bit and the last 2 days have been very warm for winter...but please don't send the thunderstorm down this way until it heats up a bit more as rain in winter is about as much fun as being outbidded by your sister......did I get that right?
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:03 am
Hey! dyar

I collected them too!..I have all the recent ones from 1990's and
all but three of the first ones..

I don't look for them .only if they just show up in lots..

the some of the first ones were one piece molds... Olympiade smurfs

and there are some super rare and super faked....

like smurf holding a tiny egg, mirror and flower... '

these parts are faked alot!.

Attom

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 am
Hi Attom

I agree with you...if I see something in a whole lot or a complete collection of something smurfy then I am more likely to try my luck in the auction or to spend some money on them.

It's funny that I have ignored these (Kinder) everytime I see them but when they appeared next door I had to pick them up...probably out of desperation to find anything smurfy in the shop.

Goodnight all

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:11 am
yeah! me too!

It's cause they are so small and look cheap next to my pvc's.. :-D :grin:

in displays...

Attom :D

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:13 am
Hi guys, nice pics Attom, Thanks for posting them. I had always wondered what the smurfs were in the bottom picture, now I know. :grin:

Oops, should add, bottom picture of first lot of photos. ;)
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:14 am
this will do yah Dyar!

here are more to watch out for!!

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:25 am
thank you Rachel!

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:28 am
On second thoughts maybe I shouldn't get involved with the Kinder smurfs....there seems to be an awful lot of them too. I still want to add probably another thousand smurfs to my collection so I doubt I can afford to look at Kinder too much. I might pick up some along the way but they made so many PVCs that I will probably still be collecting when Jack sticks me in an old retirement village when I'm Smurfy-four.

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:32 am
hi!

well if you're lucky its a big Mushroom house! :-o

I agree too..the kinder smurfs are not that expensive or hard to find if you need them..so better go for the 1000 pvs's...just hope Jack doesn't

melt them down to build you a sandbox ...in 3o yrs

hehehe

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:32 am
Hi Dyar, don't worry you will pick these smurfs along the way without even trying (at least the common ones. ;) ) Having just seen Attoms pics I realise we actually have quite a few and they have always just turned up in larger lots of PVCs.
Page 1 of 1

Login