Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Raresmurf » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:21 am
I haven't really bought many smurfs latley Money related - but I have tried to focus on the variations and harder to find ones...(and the ones a really like), but these are the new additions to my collection - I'm particularly happy with the "candy stores and the 30 year anneversary smurf (He's so small and cool!)...

Just thought I would share the new additions with you :cheers:

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:31 am
HI !

well those sure look awesome!! the blue INA's are amazing!

and I am :) :) surprised you ended up with so many candy store smurfs!!!

nice stuff!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Fram » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:34 am
I know someone who will be jealous with the Smurfette gown rohling :o
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Raresmurf » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:03 pm
Thanks - I have one more candy store and I'll have 10. The gown is very nice too...

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:10 pm
I know someone who will be jealous with the Smurfette gown rohling
She is lovely but don't you worry, I'm expecting a rather large parcel from Schleich's UK agents to arrive on Monday. They sold me all their ex display smurfs at low low prices, they only date back to 1998 but I am still very excited!

There are 400 mixed smurf figurines dating from 1998 - 2004, playsets, supers and a boxed display of marching band smurfs.

I don't tend to focus on the older rare smurfs that everyone wants, I think more about what will be hard to find in 10 years time. Sometimes people concentrate so much on finding older smurfs that they don't think about buying the current ones, it makes far more sense to buy the current ones when they are at their cheapest. Like the School playset, I bought that because I know they are already thin on the ground, and they were only produced for a short while, so they could be tomorrow's version of the astro playset, you never know. The current Farmhouse is like gold dust, the only place I know that you can get it is Australia. However, the buildings don't hold their value as well as the playsets and smurfs. Cyber smurf has been discontinued, he was only available for 2003 and 2004. It makes sense to get him while you can because he will be rare one day. My one and only German order via the website was for a Snowboarder Smurfette, surprising isn't it? Why would they order from me when smurfs are readily available in Germany? Look around, there aren't many shops selling this smurfette, she is already quite hard to find. I am excited about my delivery because there may be Snowboarder Smurfettes in there plus other harder to find more recent smurfs.

My advice to all new collectors is to make sure they always buy the current range because that's when brand new smurfs are going to be at their cheapest. I'm going off the subject here but I do think people sometimes overlook the common smurfs in favour of the rare ones. Personally I would always try and buy two sets of the new smurfs, especially if they are a theme like the marching band or the football smurfs, not so much the newest 2005 ones because they will probably last the distance. Wouldn't it be nice to think of your smurfs as a little investment as well as a hobby? And if you end up with two of a smurf that turns out to be rare then you always have one to sell and one to keep. I know Rachel tends to do this with the promos and I think it is a great idea, far more fun than adding pennies to your piggy bank and who knows, you may get a better return in the long run?

Just food for thought, I'm not trying to sell more smurfs although it probably sounds that way, lol. :)

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:13 pm
I meant to add, those Candy Store promos were a great buy and I would have probably gone for those! Just so you don't think I am saying anything against buying those, it was a good deal! :cheers:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:40 pm
Thanks for the advice, Kitty. I've focused on the new ones since resuming my collection in December by buying the toy shop runs. The way I see it, as soon as the smurf ceases to be available at the toy shop, its price doubles (from US$3 to US$6) via Mushroom Village or becomes unpredictable (via ebay.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:03 am
Hi Papa

Great buys and I love those INA smurfs and the Smurfette rohling....I am very jealous

:cheers:

Makes sense Karen. I know the Smurfette Snowboarder is available in Australia and they still have plenty of them at the moment...maybe I should buy a few when I can.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
I wonder why she isn't so popular in Australia? Something to do with a lack of snow perhaps? LOL

If you can get any then please get me a handful as well, I just sold my last one!

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:28 am
I will do as soon as I can...maybe I should lay-by them for you

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:21 pm
As long as you don't let Syd lay next to snowboarder smurfette - the rollerskaters will get jealous!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby IndigoSmurf » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:19 pm
GREAT smurfs and really nice pictures! I love all the Candy Store promos you have! Are the two I sent in there as well? :) Very nice INAs also! I love those smurfs.. so spongy and bright!

Postby Raresmurf » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:32 am
Hi c,

Thanks, yes I have received them - I won another last night - I now have 11!!!

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:15 am
Hey "11" is my favourite number...honestly

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login