Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby IndigoSmurf » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:16 am
Forgive me if this subject has been approached on the forum already and I missed it. I'm wondering why the surprise bag smurfs are ending up on top of pencil sharpeners a lot in the last few months. Does anyone know if there was an issue of that type.. or is someone thinking they would be worth more on top of a pencil sharpener (personally, I don't like 'em and would rather have the stand alone figure!).

:-?

Christine

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:31 am
Hi Christine

I was under the impression that these were officially released on pencil sharpeners but I have no real way of knowing. I do agree though that they seem a bit wasted stuck to a pencil sharpener.

Dyar

PS - How can you be in 2 places at once???.....now that's talent :D

Postby Fram » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:52 am
Seeing that Schleich in the eighties (and nineties?) routinely issued their Smurfs on pencil sharpeners, I wouldn't be surprised if that also has happened to the surprise bags. They were not to know that nowadays these would be sought after, so they treated them like they did their other Smurfs. Why they turn up more recently, I don't know, but I doubt anyone does it to make big money, they don't seem to fetch more as a sharpener then as a stand alone Smurf.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:24 am
I was thinking that this might be like the keyrings. I enquired recently about getting Scuba Divers made up as keyrings and apparently there is a large minimum order amount and also Schleich weren't too keen on supplying me these particular smurfs as keyrings because they already have a customer selling them like this. Anyway, if I had wanted I could have got any other smurfs made up as keyrings, there's just a large minimum order. I'm assuming perhaps the same would have applied to the sharpeners, if a customer had requested a particular smurf on a sharpener then probably Schleich would have done it for a large order.

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:17 am
hi I find it surprising too!..I was always under the understanding that the surprise bag smurfs were rare?/ and discontinued because the surprise

bag itself posed a safety hazard. for children..

so the manufacturing run was limited?? makes sense to me..but who knows what the real story is??????????>>>

the pencil sharpeners from what I remember being discussed in the past on other forums.. were maybe fakes??
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:33 am
Sounds like they are fakes then Attom. I don't know that much about the Surprise Cones really. :-?

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:52 am
So Karen...are you saying that if I wanted Schleich to make a Rollerskating Smurfette with no clothes on and that I was willing to order 6 million of them then they would actually make them for me? Wow :shock:

Although I expect a discount for that type of an order....I suppose asking for a six million dollar discount would not go down well would it?

Dyar

Postby Fram » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:00 am
Umm, I do think they have some rules to follow. I don't think the heirs of Peyo, or even Schleich themselves, would agree on an 'adult' Smurf or Smurfette. :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:21 am
What about the pubic heirs of Peyo or Schleich....I was thinking they may show themselves with this type of a smurf.

Dyar

PS - They do rohlinge though...all I am asking for is a Smurfette Rollerskater in the raw......otherwise I will end up as a sad lonely man without a rudey nudey Rollerskating Smurfette....as opposed to just ending up as a sad lonely man of course.

Postby Fram » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:39 am
Isn't there a variation of roley poley Smurfette yet without the pants (or whatever you call them)?

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:45 am
Yes and Syd has put her on his Christmas list every year for the past 2 Christmases....still haven't found one though. I know Rach has one and I had to peel Syd off the screen where he was viewing her one before getting a go on the PC.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:11 pm
hi I find it surprising too!..I was always under the understanding that the surprise bag smurfs were rare?/ and discontinued because the surprise

bag itself posed a safety hazard. for children..

so the manufacturing run was limited?? makes sense to me..but who knows what the real story is??????????>>>
Attom, I really am not sure about this but I had always thought that the orange and green suprise bags were only released in certain parts of Germany which is why they are rare. As I said, I am not sure mind you. :-?

Umm, I do think they have some rules to follow. I don't think the heirs of Peyo, or even Schleich themselves, would agree on an 'adult' Smurf or Smurfette.
Well here she is. :wink:

I love posting this pic for Syd, I know he likes it.

I don't think this was ever meant to be the official figure as I agree with you Fram, I don't think Peyo would have approved but obviously somewhere along the way, someone got the instructions wrong! :shock:

Or did they? 8-)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:22 pm
LOL shouldn't this smurfette be in the adult section? :eek: And I know how Syd can make all his rollerskaters pantless -- tell him to get a can of turpentine, a tiny rag and get to work :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:36 pm
LOL!! I sure hope we don't have to see SYD"S reaction!!

taht could be "restricted!!! :) :) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby pekkelien » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:16 pm
did any whone noticed that those smurfs on a treestump pencil sharper are in the cataloque worth less than the same smurf without the pencil sharpener? :shock:
Page 1 of 1

Login