Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby eggie smurf » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:36 pm
Does anyone know if this is a real smurf or an altered smurf? It is congratulations holding a tiny pepsi can. Very cute but I haven't seen it in any of the Katalogs or guide books. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT
:dory: Staci :dory:
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:08 am
Hi Stepsi

It's a cool little dude and I am thinking it's just a taste of the new fake generation of smurfs but I can't be too sure. Maybe some one here CAN take up the Pepsi challenge and let us both know for sure whether this little guy is or not...the real thing.

enjoy
Dyet

-----------------------------------
SERIOUS TRANSLATION
-----------------------------------

To Ms Staci

RE: SMURF AUTHENTICITY

I think that the smurf you have pictured could be one of the new breed of fakes but I am not certain. Maybe someone here might be able to help you tell whether it is authentic or not.

Yours sincerely

Mr Taylor

Postby Smurfboy » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:21 am
Hey Staci - DEFINATE FAKE!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:38 am
Incognito question from the Kentucky Chicken :D

Why do this seller's auctions always look so similar to JokeySmurf aka Blue_White_Men's auctions?

Find this VERY strange...

Todd (aka Kentucky Chicken) :-D :D :-D

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:56 am
Hi Staci, I spotted this one last night as well. It is a fake, although there is no mention of it in the description. This type of fake pops up every so often, there were a spate of them a couple of years ago with a few different types of pepsi and coke cans.

What I can never understand is someone paying (in this case £16 so far) for a smurf that would cost less than £1 if incomplete, that someone has stuck another object in his hands which is also (probably) worthless.
Maybe that is it? Anyone know if it is a really rare tiny pepsi can?

I know these smurfs can look appealing, on that front I can understand someone wanting one in their collection BUT personally if I am ever spending more than a couple of pounds on a smurf I want to know it is worth it. ie. it is real, it is hard to find etc.

As a collector who does actually collect fake smurfs, I wouldn't spend very much on this type of fake or better still I would make my own!

Unfortunately, as long as people are prepared to spend over the odds on these fake smurfs, others will keep selling them.

:-( :( :-( :( :-( :( :-( :( :-( :(
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:57 am
Hi Colonel.....or do you prefer KC?

I was saying the same thing to Stace the other night. You are talking about the "I provide actual...." comment aren't you. Mmm very interesting.

Dyar aka D/r/e/w aka S_y_d aka ......just horrible

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:10 pm
Hmmm yes I agree with Playstation Smurf and the pricing structure is similar as well, Sydney Smurfy. :)
Page 1 of 1

Login