Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Fram » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:40 pm
As I am the lucky owner of a blue captain Smurf, this was one of the first Smurfs I checked out in the new catalogue. I was amazed at version 4 (it looks very very much like a repaint of the normal one), but I was even more amazed when I saw that the blue version in the book was different from my blue! Mine has Schleich S W. Germany: the telescopes and the buttons on his vest are white (or creme), and the red band on his hat is striped red and white! Has anyone else a similar one? If not, how many millions is it worth? :) :) :) :)

:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:33 am
I am thinking that this might be a re-paint Fram...I hope not. I know these are faked so often and if I had to guess then I would say it could be a re-paint but I am no expert on these yet so I wouldn't listen to me too much of these blue versions.

Maybe Rachel would have a better idea or Sven even?

I am planning on getting one of these in the next six months but I will probably avoid ebay for one and talk to someone who is trusted to eliminate the chances of buying a re-paint. Maybe then I would learn enough to offer a more reliable opinion.

Dyar

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:41 am
When you picture it like this, with a heavy (very close by) flash, you do see paint stripes on his hat. But the legs and face are unpainted, the lighter body blue is intact (could be a repaint as well of course), and everything else is painted straight on the raw colour as far as I can see. And I got him very cheap in a flea market lot, not sold separately as a blue captain. So the chance is that someone at home decided to make it a blue captain and first removed all the old paint (or had a raw and painted it), but it seems a small chance to me.
The paint streaks on the hat are to my eyes invisible in normal light, perhaps all smurfs have that look in such harsh light?
Oh well, thanks for answering anyway, I was beginning to doubt if anyone had a blue captain at all :)
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby pekkelien » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:48 am
its the real thing :)
but they white parts where how it looks to me yellow before and the yellow dissapeared by age or bad storisch :D
Page 1 of 1

Login