Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:12 am
Hi there

I am in the process of changing my smurf room and was curious how and where people displayed the boxes that came with their super smurfs, playsets and buildings as I am looking for inspiration.

This is all that is left in my smurf room as the main village has been put away in storage and the remainder is under construction so I would like to hear or see what other people are doing with their boxes.

Dyar
Postby SwedishGirl » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:23 am
Hi!

Since these boxes are too many and too big for my small room I keep them inside the big box that held Gargamel's castle earlier :smile: .

Now, I'm thinking of taking pictures of them instead, and put those on the back of the shelves for display. That way I can decide their sizes myself :-D !

// A

And again: Impressive collection Andrew!!!!
Please remember, a smile and a friendly gesture make this world a better place! = The smurfy way of living.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:32 am
Thanks Anette...here's one more shot of boxes which shows some of the construction or destruction of my village.

I quite like the idea of photos instead of the actual boxes. That's a train of thought heading down a different track.....one I could utilise in some fashion too. Thanks for putting a new idea into my head.

Postby Rachel » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:04 pm
Great pictures!

I used to have ours stacked on top of the dressers which held some of the smurfs. Not ideal but they had to be kept somewhere. :eek:

Now I just wish I could display them ANYWHERE!

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:28 pm
The pictures of the boxes is a really cool idea, Anette. That way you can make them little tiny pictures to go under or behind each smurf, right? And I hope you get your village put back together very soon, Andrew - it's a shame to see all those smurfies boxed up :(
:dory: Staci :dory:
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:13 am
My god!! Andrew

you have alot of boxes??? and more then one of each!

I sort of flatten my boxes and stuffed them into one big card box..

I prefer to display the smurfs in scenes..instead..

but hey!

Attom :D :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:54 am
Hi Stace & Attom

It's nice to see you guys here. I agree with you Stace about Anette's use of the photos and think I will be thinking of some new ideas regarding this option.

I also agree with you Attom about putting the smurfs in a scene however I couldn't fit them all in and the ones lying in bed look funny in the middle of the village so I decided to put all of the home type ones, Chrissy & Easter smurfs, music smurfs & sporty smurfs all up on those cabinets. The rocket is just there temporary to keep it away from Jack as he thinks it's his and we have had some dramatic fights over this subject. Do you still have your farm with the pigs in the pig pen.....loved that photo. I am not sure whether to aim for one big display or lots of smaller ones to tell a story. With the big mountain coming it will take up a lot of room so there will probably be less smurfs than before in the main scene. I am suffering like everybody is with space at the moment.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:59 am
That is a great idea taking pics of the boxes. :-D

One of my greatest mistakes on Ebay was buying a load of boxes only to read the description afterwards - they were empty!

1). If something is cheap, there is normally a reason why! :eek:
2). Always translate a description BEFORE using "buy it nows"

It wasn't the end of the world as they were cheap and I didn't actually have all the correct boxes but it did teach me a valuable lesson. :roll:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:46 am
Great point Rachel about translating the descriptions first. I didn't use to do this until I won an auction for a smurf that was in used condition although the picture looked fine. I was lucky though as the seller didn't charge me for that smurf after he enquired did I realise what condition it was in. It helped that I bought a few more smurfs but I don't think most sellers would be that generous.

I wouldn't mind winning an auction for some boxes Rachel as some of my early super smurf purchases came without a box. If any one has any spares that they would be interested in selling I am missing the following boxes in the super smurf series

SKATEBOARD
GARDENER
CHAIN GANG
HOBBY HORSE
GO CART
PIANO
VANITY TABLE
JOKEY WITH BOX
PRINCIPAL
CYCLIST
KAYAK
BOXER

A lot of these smurfs are actually reasonably cheap to buy again so I probably will do so just to get the box. Just thought I would mention it here in case anyone else had some spares that they would be willing to sell that might save me some extra money to buy real smurfs.
Page 1 of 1

Login