Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby NIckC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:09 am
Been looking for this one like, forever with the red lipstick
Does this one look real or no?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Schlumpf-Schlum ... SwMkdcPgiS
Postby Tommo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 am
Ah, a monis toyshop special. :) :) :) This is a repaint of a CNT figure or potentially a remold of one with new paint job. Monis and Davi & Giani have a habit of repainting smurfs. Best to avoid these 2 sellers for colour variations. Not sure if there was ever a genuine paint variation like this for CNT. :-? Anyone else know? :-?
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:46 am
Lia might know if it ever existed

Will ask her
Postby NIckC » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:11 pm
Cheers. Got to love the rationale behind this if they're not real.....put it in the catalogue so everyone thinks they are, and then they can paint and sell the fakes. Brilliant.
I'll wait with baited breath and in the meantime dream about the two spies (pink cape inside and red cape inside) I just got
Postby Lia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:04 pm
I have no idea where they came from, but I have a series of 11 of these...quite lovely and marked pvc no toxico
Attachments
pvc No_Toxico.jpg
pvc No_Toxico.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
Postby NIckC » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:09 pm
Thanks Lia. He's beautiful. Great to know he exists. I have made an offer. Lets see
Postby Tommo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:54 am
Hi Lia,
but what do you think of the one that Monis is selling? He is renowned for fakes and repaints,
cheers, Tommo
Postby Lia » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:26 am
I understand your point of view Tommo. All I can say and see that it`s exactly like mine...but not cheap.
Postby NIckC » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 pm
I received my conductor today. Absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't look like a fake at all. One of my bucket list pieces so over the moon. I have the Yellow jacket version on the way too I got at a great price.
Postby The Smurf Collector » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:39 am
Well done Nick!

It always pleasing to hear someone receiving a really rare Smurf. I just wish I had more courage and confidence when it comes to buying rare smurfs.
Keep Smurfin

Kath B

Try smurfing this: http://www.smurfs.com.au
Postby NIckC » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 am
Thanks Kathy :cheers:
I'm sitting here at 5 in the morning unable to sleep :violin: doing some composition for my orchestra at the moment with the little dude sitting atop my printer where I can see him for inspiration.
Postby Bundleofkent2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:41 pm
Very happy for you Nick!
A great feeling when you get a Holy Grail piece
Have a nice weekend
Martin
Postby NIckC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:11 pm
Cheers Martin. I'm thrilled. Now for the next dream.....he is red- lol
Page 1 of 1

Login